Off To Libya

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Viking45

Off To Libya

Post by Viking45 »

We give these people warnings but do they ever listen?
It really surprises me that Gadhafi is pushing his luck. Just minutes after the planes hit the Twin Towers he was the first to call Bush on his Bat-Phone and tell him he had nothing to do with it.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42164455/ns ... ?gt1=43001
jmack1944

Re: Off To Libya

Post by jmack1944 »

Only Canada, France and the British have sent in fighter jets. Obama has refused. What's up with this guy?
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

jmack1944 wrote:Only Canada, France and the British have sent in fighter jets. Obama has refused. What's up with this guy?
Well he was talking tough the other day so I don't know what to think.
Maybe he doesn't want to bomb some of his buddies.
jmack1944

Post by jmack1944 »

Viking45 wrote:
jmack1944 wrote:Only Canada, France and the British have sent in fighter jets. Obama has refused. What's up with this guy?
Well he was talking tough the other day so I don't know what to think.
Maybe he doesn't want to bomb some of his buddies.
Butt buddies. 8)
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Illegal? They are saying it is illegal to interfere with their internal affairs.
But I guess in their minds it is ok for them to kill innocent civilians.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... legal.html
switchman1

Post by switchman1 »

I heard a blurb today about Obama sending warplanes to Italy to join in a joint effort send planes to Libya. Don't know how true it is. With that being said I'm becoming more of an isolationist every day, Afghanistan,Pakistan,Iraq, Haiti,parts of South America, Africa, the Balkans etc. When does it stop?
Switchman1 Alcohol,Tobacco,and Firearms....... who's got the chips?
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

"British and U.S. warships and submarines launched more than 110 Tomahawk missiles against Gadhafi's air defenses around the capital Tripoli and the western city of Misrata, which has been besieged by Gadhafi's forces, Pentagon officials said"

8)
Jody

Post by Jody »

I read an article this evening saying we sent 110 tomahawks aimed at 20 coastline targets.
We should have finished this maniac off in the 80's. :roll:
missaman

Post by missaman »

I don't think anybody will like my opinion. Libya is in a civil war, it is not the worlds place to interfere. There are always civilan deaths in ANY war.
I do not like the guy. But is an act of war for the french, america, or anybody else to attack on their soil. Rember Pearl Harbor?????
Missa
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

I view this as a "personal" thing. The rumors were that Muammar talked some sh*t to Obama and threatened him before we got involved.
missaman

Post by missaman »

Mr.45
the U.S. constituiton, an inconvenient piece of paper for the Democrats it strictly forbids the President from issuing military orders unless the United States is in imminent danger of attack. How many missiles from Libya are pointed at the US? What we did is nothing more than an act of war.
Without an act of congress.... Sorry I did not hear of one
Missa
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

I understand your point Missa,I don't have the answer.