Knife Show???

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

One of my customers at the flea market was arrested in Mass. [he lives there] and spent considerable $$ getting a not guilty verdict. He wanted to replace the knife [not one he got from me] since they don't give them back even with a not guilty verdict. I doubt I'd be surprised at what one could find in Mass. I lived there for 20 years and know what I had, and what friends had!! However the possibility of doing serious time at MCI Walpole or Concord exists if you're caught. I agree that how you behave can have a huge affect on the likelyhood of being caught and age also plays a big factor [50s myself] but the possible penalties are rather unpleasant. All states have some very restrictive laws on somethings but Mass. seems especially unfriendly to anything that could remotely considered a weapon.
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Al
Out of curiosity how did he get caught? Was he doing something else wrong at the time like drinking and driving or some other stupid thing. Cause I just can't see someone randomly getting stopped and searched for no reason. Was it firecracker season or booze buying holiday season?You can PM me if you feel more comfortable that way then answering here. Like I said I'm just curious how you get nailed out of the blue.
PB
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Didn't get the whole story but I believe it started with a stop for a tail-light being out and the excuse that the officer smelled herbal sillyness [there was none] but the search did find the cutlery.
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Al
OK which brings me back to my point of other things involved before the final search. I would wager it would'nt have happened just for the taillight but once the cop smells pot or decides this guy he stopped is a total jerk thats when the problem escalates and the knife is found. I can't begin to tell you how many business meetings I have attended with suit and tie and an 11" in my pocket or a LCC or BM and no one had a clue that the guy in the corner falling asleep from boredom had a huge swithblade on him :lol: when you are riding the subway and you see a guy in a suit with a briefcase reading the Wall Street Journal the farthest thing from ones mind is he is carrying an enormous swithblade. Packing heat maybe under his coat but not an illegal knife.
PB
hollowdweller

Post by hollowdweller »

I have a ponytail, long beard wire rimmed glasses but I guess it is my age, but I have never been pulled over for a "fishing" expedition. Plus I drive a pickup.

I hate it that they can lie and say they smelled something and shake someone down.
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Hollowdweller when your in your late 80's like you they rarely bother to harrass an old man fishing :lol:
PB
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I've been the victim of a several "fishing trips" with the following results;
Locked up [until the bail bondsman arrived] with a can of mace in my pocket. Not guilty of Vagrancy, 2nd time, so now you know the story on the name. [Bike club I was in gave it to me].
Officer missed a 13" Stiletto when frisking me down, and had FIVE of my switches on the hood of the cruiser, ALL BUTTON SIDE DOWN [missed them ALL]. A cop I knew arrived and told me to "pick up my stuff" and go home. He was using his "command voice" on the other cop when I left. [This started when I was stopped for 10 over speed limit and showed the officer both my drivers license and license to carry. This made him curious].
Officer frisked and missed 2 onces of a "controlled herb" [a delivery it wasn't even mine] this amount was a CAPITAL OFFENSE where this happened [possession for sales]. Moaning while being frisked can get you roughed-up and bounced of a cruiser but that beats the electric chair.
Officer frisked me down and missed a .25 auto while behaving very unproffessionally in general. [The chief agreed and the officer was given two weeks notice the next day].
These days thanks to computerised records my total lack of any convictions seems to lessen the curiousity level and the fact some of them are customers also helps. [Another officer that knows my love of weaponry sometimes stops me just to see "What's new].
No-one has ever found everything when frisking me, but the older I get the less the frisk me.
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

Vagrant, where (expect Singapore) do they carry the death penalty for 2 ounces of "controlled herb" ? :shock:

Anyway, I have a wide build, semi-shaggy hair and I look like a punk. Joe Law just loves to harass me. I've never been arrested but I've had some "brushes with the law".

(not in any order)

Brandishing of a weapon: Since I just injured my knee two weeks prior to this I was stopped by a Cop for walking around with a walking stick in a bad part of town. Apparently some punk didn't like the look of me and called the cops saying I was carrying a weapon. Luckily he (the LEO) was reasonable and even offered me a ride home.

Being under the influence in a public place: (this was a while ago, well for my age it is) After just leaving out of the "back" door at a party, some cops came after some complainants. When I was walking home. One pulled me over, luckily he had higher priorates and decided not to arrest me. I was frisked, asked what the knife clipped to my pocket was for "I use it at work, but I directly came here so I didn't have a chance to leave it home" accepts my reason, radio goes off like mad. "Alright kid, heres your knife back... don't let-me catch you out here this late again!"

Since I know a few cops in this town, I haven't had much of a problem. But as soon as I'm out of city limits they come like flies come to shit.
Last edited by J-man on Sun Jun 15, 2003 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

It was in the south-east, someone told me this after the fact. I could not verify it. But it was going to a mnior [didn't know that either] and that I did confirm absolutely, positively, was a capitol offense. It's scary the trouble you can in just "doing a favor", two possible capital offenses [one definate] on a 5 minute bike ride.
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

I was frisked numerous times as a kid.They took the usual assortments of 11" manuals some times stray pills or weed.But cops back then were kinda lazy in my area and they would just tell us to screw and leave the beer :cry: Then as I aged and moved indoors legally to a ginmill we hung in I was never bothered again. I don't know I guess I was damn lucky but I have never had a brush with the law since I was a kid. Not even a traffic stop. Al what was your clubs name?
PB
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

The Saints [Long defucnt I'm sure] but I still have my "Colors".
[We buried my brother with his Colors].
missaman

Post by missaman »

the cavaliers car guys more along the the lines of "the hollywood knights" still have my jacket and plaque
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

I have heard of the Saints but it was a while back in years. I had a buddy who was pres of the Devils Disiples but the club was shit after loosing Gobler as Pres and they soon disapeared of course the big red machine helped that along quite nicely. Remember back then how many clubs there were and now its down to basics. Hey when you think about it they are no different then the large corporations.
PB
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Our big rivals were the Banditos numerous differences of opinions with them. 30 years later it seems less serious, in fact almost silly. But it was real at the time. If you read "The Territorial Imperative" such sillyness makes more sense. "Turf" is a powerful factor in the behavior of most life forms.
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Yeah but thats been replaced with money. Angels,Outlaws,Banditos all run the show now and swallow up smaller clubs as fast as they can. The old days of riding and drinking are long gone.It's been replaced with all business. Before it was how far your territory stretched now its how much money thy are bringing in daily. Wheres Lee Marvin when you need him
PB