"Monster Chef Knife"

This is a forum for discussion on professional kitchen knives and accessories. This forum is sponsored by Due Buoi.

Moderators: natcherly, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Dacks

"Monster Chef Knife"

Post by Dacks »

Good morning!!

This is my first post on your forum. I'm a retired professional chef of 36 years and I've now taken up a bit of knife making as a hobby.

I have a question concerning a Due Buoi knife I can find NO information about, and this being a Due Buoi sponsored forum and all.....
This knife is being sent to me to have a new handle made.

This knife(or...blade as the case may be) in shown in the photos below. It was described to me as a "monster chef's knife", but it clearly is not a proper chefs knife. I'm thinking fish monger's cleaver or maybe a butcher's knife.

Any assistance on this I.D. would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Re: "Monster Chef Knife"

Post by natcherly »

You might go to the Due Buoi site and ask them directly.

http://www.duebuoi.it/

The pictured knife sure isn't one of the "fully forged" models they are so rightly proud of....
Dubsy

Post by Dubsy »

roobyee wrote:What's the real difference between a Cook and A Chef? Is it true a cook does hearty meals while a chef does dainty meals? I enjoy cooking and I don't always cook within the box! Is it true that a cook usually cooks within the box and a chef does out of the box more inventive?
a chef is essentially a well trained cook, who knows enough about food to be more creative on a dime. chefs also have to be skilled in management, human resources, health codes, and various other things of the sort.
and that kinda looks like a wide scimitar, going off blade shape.
jimmyholand88

Post by jimmyholand88 »

natcherly wrote:You might go to the Due Buoi site and ask them directly.

The pictured knife sure isn't one of the "fully forged" models they are so rightly proud of....
hmmm this is a very good you link too gud. :idea: