Anybody carry a knife for self-defense?

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Guitars and Blades

Anybody carry a knife for self-defense?

Post by Guitars and Blades »

I was just reading a thread by Stiletto of Athens about carrying a Leverletto for self defense.
While you certainly can defend yourself with a blade, I can think of many other things off hand that I would rather carry.
Handgun, obviously, but not all of us have one or can legally carry. Swords aren't very practical, unless you're a pirate, and I haven't seen many of those around, except in Pittsburgh.
You might want to read the Stiletto vs. Leverletto thread first, then come back here and post your personal choices.
I think this is interesting, especially on a knife forum.

G&B
Steel strings and steel springs...what could be better?
collectall

Re: Anybody carry a knife for self-defense?

Post by collectall »

this has been brought up numerous times. :? .. and knives arent ideal for self defense..

try a baseball bat
collectall
horizonod

Post by horizonod »

Nope. I carry a knife as a tool and use it every day.

The only person I've ever cut with a knife is ME. More than once... :roll: :o :oops:

Both of these Jarvis's in two frign weeks. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Carpenter tools make for more effective self defense. Funny nobody ever asks a carpenter why he carries all those "weapons".

Proof possitive that knives don't make great weapons is that I'm still alive despite my clumsiest efforts to draw blood. :twisted: :mrgreen:

I've taken Mr. J.A.C's advice to heart and decided against selling explosives. :twisted: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
“Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance.”

HORIZON BLADEWORKS: http://www.nicnac.net . LOW KEY perveyor of HIGH TECH cutlery.
horizonod

Post by horizonod »

Here's a great tip for all you knifeknuts.

Tip #1. Super glue works wonders on small cuts.

Tip #2. Super glue used with Christmas ribbon or thread as a butterly works GREAT on BIG cuts.

Tip #3. SHAVE FIRST :shock: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :oops: ARRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrgh!!!
“Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance.”

HORIZON BLADEWORKS: http://www.nicnac.net . LOW KEY perveyor of HIGH TECH cutlery.
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

Beauty horizonod, wish I'd taken pictures of some of my greater moments. :oops:
Take Care
blackjack
'...I'm warning you...if you say Jehovah once more...'
'Women are experts at finding a man's faults and then constantly reminding him of them'
j.a.c.

Post by j.a.c. »

:idea: makes ya wonder how many knives are in peoples collections with others D.N.A. (blood) on them.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

My answer to the thread title: not me

Jim
Guitars and Blades

Post by Guitars and Blades »

I'm right there with you, Jim.
Like I tried explaining on the other thread, there are so many better choices for S.D than knives, just ask Horizinod!!
Personally, I really like a good sap. (If I can't pack a pistol).

G&B
Steel strings and steel springs...what could be better?
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

I just threw in my 2 inflated cents, but suggested an alternative thread title; stilettos vs leverlettos vs street smarts.

And no, nothing but a Swiss Army Classic these days.

Tom
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
stiletto of athens

Post by stiletto of athens »

nice threat my dear friend i like these distusions ass you knoe.
every day i steap out i carry my leverletto or my stiletto 9''.the knife must know how to use it on this situation coz its verry easy to leave your hand and come against you.
sure its beter if you have a gun personaly i have one beretta as you read legaly olways but i leave it home coz the gun can not help you to cut ropes,wires..etc.
after all the knife can help you to defent your self with minimun damage on your oponent like scratch or somthing but with the gun when u pull it u must use it and the beretta if its used gives the one and the last shot.shot on the leg ok its one option but even with this shooting boans cona break muscles get cuting and bleeding its verry clasic.so...u may dont wana kill the person and with the knife can do that but with a gun no always.
*****CLICK*****
h1942

Post by h1942 »

I never leave the house without a blade. But never a switchblade. Not worth the hassle. Hank
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

I just have a 18" oar handle under my truck seat. Nice grip and wouldn't want to get snapped in the head with. It's long enough to fend off a blade and the magnetic field I have put on it, stays off bullets. :roll:
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson
j.a.c.

Post by j.a.c. »

kryptonite works well , but only if it's green. The red only enables the attacker with more strength and fits of rage.
jimmyjo

Post by jimmyjo »

I was watching GANGLAND last night and it talked about the Bloods carrying razors in many places to be used in a fight or to take in to prison :shock: . I would have to say that people using knives for fighting seems to be more in the news. I hate to say it but some of this could be the access of autos to more people.
Back to gangs it seems MS-13 is skilled in lobing off heads and arms with machetes.

I'm more in line with the pistol packers. It's legal for me to have a pistol hidden in my waist band but a knife is illegal if concealed. Go figure that one out.
espada y daga
krakenten

Post by krakenten »

My favorite weapon is a spring whip-Stu sells some very nice ones.

And as for the knife I carry for the very remote possibility of self defense where I live?

A spring assist, very, very sharp.

Quicker to deploy than a switchblade or butterfly knife, certainly as quick as either sort of gravity knife, and best of all, quite legal.

Knives don't have much street cred any more, but any port in a storm!
Life has no value, Death has a price