ATTN... MrBigg is going to hurt himself

This area is dedicated to balisong (also known as butterfly) knives, and to the fine art of using them.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
stepdaddy

ATTN... MrBigg is going to hurt himself

Post by stepdaddy »

MrBigg quoted from another thread.
i have a dragonfly on the way now
Dude you thought you had a problem with small cuts before.
You're going to loose a finger now :lol:
I had my DF all of an hour and almost needed medical attention the first time it bit me. :lol:
Stock up on that liquid bandage now, your gonna need it.
Please keep us posted with a finger count here and there and enjoy it.

SD
Sabo

Tee Hee!

Post by Sabo »

Gotta love the DF! Good luck Mr. Bigg...you just might need it. :lol:
Sabo 29
"Catch you on the flip side"!
tonyccw

Post by tonyccw »

The amount of cuts is directly correlated to the length of experience with flipping. I've haven't been bitten by my Tachyon/Dragonfly's/Cheetah yet, and I have the first production Prototype of the Tachyon....

Of course, I haven't tried doing any ariels with them either..
Bali's: one of life's simple pleasures.
Icon of Sin

Post by Icon of Sin »

Of course, I haven't tried doing any ariels with them either..
I aerial and flip the hell out of my tach, I havnt been bit by it yet. But Im extra careful it, There are certain things that I will not try with it. :)
All My vids are back online Check them out here.
http://balisong.theasylum.org/IconOfSin/

I'm the best you ever seen Fats, I'm the best there is, and even if you beat me I'm still the best." -Fast Eddie Felson (The Hustler)
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

Has anyone seen this auction??? Am I missing something???

http://bladeauction.com/cgi-bin/osa/Vie ... ber=679155

SD
tonyccw

Post by tonyccw »

SD: Nothing missing. The Tachyon had a street price of slightly more than the Reserve price. The seller is merely asking for his money back. And I think he's gotten it.
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

tonyccw wrote:SD: Nothing missing. The Tachyon had a street price of slightly more than the Reserve price. The seller is merely asking for his money back. And I think he's gotten it.

It's listed as a Dragonfly? If it is a tachyon OK. But if it's a DF?
tonyccw

Post by tonyccw »

stepdaddy wrote:It's listed as a Dragonfly? If it is a tachyon OK. But if it's a DF?
It's a Tachyon. The DF has a different handle pattern. It just goes to show how easy it is for someone to get confused with the whole thing.
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

hey thanks for all the advice guys, - yes i'll stock up on superglue! the cut my combo tanto gave me is healed fully now, so it's time to start flipping again! :D

at least i haven't ordered the combo blade - just the stonewash clip point!

i figure if i shell out for a quality bali, it will force me to practice, and get good enough to bust out the DF!
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

tonyccw wrote:
stepdaddy wrote:It's listed as a Dragonfly? If it is a tachyon OK. But if it's a DF?
It's a Tachyon. The DF has a different handle pattern. It just goes to show how easy it is for someone to get confused with the whole thing.
opps my bad
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

stepdaddy wrote:
tonyccw wrote:
opps my bad
that was a damn good price for that tachyon! i got my DF this week, and it's so nice i'm afraid to spin it. i may just have to look at it for a while, until i get better than sh!tty! :D
BennytheBlade

Post by BennytheBlade »

what will you start out w/... Im going to get a typhoon (eventually :roll: ) and want to get a few begginer exercises down to practice.
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

i got my DF this week, and it's so nice i'm afraid to spin it. i may just have to look at it for a while
Bigg if I were you I'd lay out $15.00 US for one of the Cheetah knives thats the same size and weight as the tachyon and Dragonfly. First thing to do when it arrives is loctight all the screws and remove the latch then take a file to the blade not that they're that sharp to start. Then flip away. everything you learn with it will easily transfer to use on the Dragonfly and you won't mess up the dragonfly by dropping it. You'll save a few fingers also when you screw up. If you can't find them at a reasonable price LMK I found a place that has them for $12.00 US around me, best price I've seen so far.

SD