Hardcore

This area is dedicated to balisong (also known as butterfly) knives, and to the fine art of using them.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
stepdaddy

Hardcore

Post by stepdaddy »

Well I guess this question is for the Hardcore balisong people. But if you've had some experience in the field then by all means answer up.

In my flipping I find I'm always cutting my self. Most of the times they are little paper cut sized slits in my hands and fingers. I've had a few cuts that were larger but I've never required stitches. Most of the cuts have happened while flipping and not paying attention. What was your worst injury and how did it happen.

SD
FivePointOh

Post by FivePointOh »

This is my worst cut yet. A nice flap laceration on my right ring finger while flipping my BM-43 as I was watching a movie and was under the influence of evil beer. There is a nice bumpy scar there now.

stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

Please tell me more about this beer you speak about.
Can we get this there beer in MNYK :lol:

5.0 do you ever get to ZERNS market?
FivePointOh

Post by FivePointOh »

LOL, ya you can probably get it in MNYK! :)

It was Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.

ZERNS market, don't think so, but I was to some deli in Upper Darby that had a lot of import and micro brews in single bottles that you could make up your own special six pack.
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

I spent most of last night with evil yuenling lager watching the Flyers loose game 1. Should've stayed home and played wuth the BM it would've been less painful :lol:
Causeway

Hey guys

Post by Causeway »

I'd like to think i'm a hard user on my balisong also.

My first post....Nice looking forum here
Icon of Sin

Post by Icon of Sin »

I'd like to think i'm a hard user on my balisong also.

My first post....Nice looking forum here
Yeah, your OK :P JJ Good to see you around again my good man.

I guess I would be considered a hard user also, never had any cuts that required stitches, plus when I was filming cunning stunts (video below) I got my first cut in about 4 months. (The cut was edited out of the vid, wasnt bad anyway)
All My vids are back online Check them out here.
http://balisong.theasylum.org/IconOfSin/

I'm the best you ever seen Fats, I'm the best there is, and even if you beat me I'm still the best." -Fast Eddie Felson (The Hustler)
ExamonLyf

Re: Hardcore

Post by ExamonLyf »

stepdaddy wrote: Most of the cuts have happened while flipping and not paying attention. What was your worst injury and how did it happen.
Bingo! I actually think that's how most of the bad cuts happen, and also the not-so-bad ones. It's very easy to lose concentration when tired, or just kicking back relaxing. Once you get used the the Balisong as "Recreational"..., sometimes the lack of attention can getcha. :(

I've only had one really nasty one, and a couple others that needed a few stitches..., but quite a while back.

The yucky one was 7 stitches outside, and 3 inside, and no fun.... :oops:
Pete Johnston

"Hunters seek what they [WANT].., Seekers hunt what they [NEED]"
Bustard

Post by Bustard »

Never had stitches, and I hope I'll never need, but I usually cut myself while trying aerials with new knives. I never tryied with my arc angel and with my 42S though, too scared...
Bustard's Crappy balisong site :cool: We host your balisong video, on a crappy site!

Spam-a-Song®!!! Once you flip, you can eat!™
navajo

cuts

Post by navajo »

Worst cut came from dropping one on my foot after sharpening. Wasn't even flipping, just moving it out of the way. No stiches but one blood soaked sock and a one inch scar. Only time I was glad a bali had ti handles.
ExamonLyf

Re: cuts

Post by ExamonLyf »

navajo wrote: Only time I was glad a bali had ti handles.
LOL John...yeah.., one true benefit to the Ti-Handles is not as much inertia pushing the blade farther in. :(

One of Jody's old 5" Models might still be in there.., and Chris' big guys are a "load" also...around 10.5 - 11.4 ounces.... :!:

OUCH! :x :x :x :shock: :!:
Pete Johnston

"Hunters seek what they [WANT].., Seekers hunt what they [NEED]"