HELLO !

This area is dedicated to balisong (also known as butterfly) knives, and to the fine art of using them.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Sabo

HELLO !

Post by Sabo »

Hello to all you flippers on this forum. I hang out at another forum and received a heads up about this one and thought I would say "howdy"!

I have been into balisongs for more years than I haven't. I am a flipper / collector. Unfortunately, I do not have a way to post pics on here. I have several of the HMFs as I think it is neat and wonder about the makers of each piece. There never seem to be any two that are alike. I also have...let's see... BM 42, BM 49-05, PC 138, BM 45, BM 31, PC 68, BM44s, Manila Folder and a new arrival that I just got the other day is a Balisong USA custom weehawk with black micarta inserts. It's a beautiful piece and the weehawk is rather unique with a nice belly. All mirror polished. I have several others but those are the most noteable.

Looks like there are some good folks on this board so I may check back and say hey from time to time. Look forward to getting to know some of you in the near future. Always good to meet a fellow flipper as there are not to many people in this hobby where I live.

Best regards,
Sabo 29
"Catch you on the flip side"!
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Mr. Sabo,

Welcome. If you can link your pics to an external web host, then you can link them here. This is a new forum, only a few days old, but it's going in the right direction.

Best Regard's,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
Sabo

Post by Sabo »

Thank you for the welcome Bonzo! There are coming to be quite a few Bali' forums on the net these days. To be curtious I will not start naming names. I am sure that this one will continue to grow. I hang out with some fine / knowledgeable folks and I am sure that they will be along directly.

Is everyone here excited about the ne 42ss model that Benchmade is fixing to debute? It has me anxious! Seems that you just can't get enough butterfly knives.

Has there been any discussion on "29 Knives" or perhaps "Charles Marlowe"? Two mighty fine makers of the Balisong. (among many)!

Regards,
Sabo 29
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

Hey Sabo! Don't I know you from somewheres? lol :lol:

e-mail me the pics (I think you have a Gold account over at BFC, if the awnser is yes, just upload them there and link them here)
8thsinner

Post by 8thsinner »

Hi every one, I too am from BFC, hi sabo.
I have been into balis for about two years now, I have ten of them check out my site for laods of pics on my knives sheaths, designs etc
Nice place you seem to have here.
Doing the right thing is bleeding for the cause.
Sabo

Post by Sabo »

J-man wrote: (I think you have a Gold account over at BFC, if the awnser is yes, just upload them there and link them here)
Hello J! Yes I recognize you from BFC. And no I do not have a Gold acocunt there! I collect knives remember ?! :lol: One of these days I will get a camera going. (I have been saying that for 4 years!) :roll: Then I will see if I can get something going!

Thanks for the offer though. Nice board that they have here.

Regards,
Sabo 29
ZENGHOST

Post by ZENGHOST »

Hey, Sabo...I couldn't resist checking this place out either. Anything to fight the boredom.
Sabo

Hey Z!!

Post by Sabo »

Good to see you Buddy! Working on the tan any lately?! :wink: Looks like there are a few familars here today. Hopefully we can chat with a few of the others to see what is new on this end. I will be out of here come 5:00pm so maybe I can get in touch tomorrow!

P.S. the cigar cutter is working well for me! Thanks again.

Pleasant evening everybody!
Sabo 29
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

Welcome to the new Bali forum. Stop in often and post the same.
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

welcome fellow flippers!

make yourself at home and enjoy our new forum! feel free to PM myself or any of the other MODS if you have any questions or concerns!

:D
ZENGHOST

Re: Hey Z!!

Post by ZENGHOST »

Thanks for the welcome, guys.
Sabo wrote:Good to see you Buddy! Working on the tan any lately?! :wink: Looks like there are a few familars here today. Hopefully we can chat with a few of the others to see what is new on this end. I will be out of here come 5:00pm so maybe I can get in touch tomorrow!

P.S. the cigar cutter is working well for me! Thanks again.
What up, dude? No time for tan right now, hopefully during the summer I'll get to the beach. How's the weather over there now? Any better?

Glad the cutter's still working for ya.

-Z
Ice Dog

Post by Ice Dog »

This Balisong forum is bring quite an influx of new members. Welcome all!

Maybe we can even start a cigar cutter forum J/K. But there is an endless variety ov those things. Here's a picture of my favorite BTW...

Its' called a Xicar 8)
It's only funny until someone gets hurt.....
............Then It's Hilarious!!!
Sabo

Cigar cutters

Post by Sabo »

Hey ID! Z and I did some swapping not too long ago, that's all! Yours are nice also.

Weather in MO is hit and miss but getting better by the day. Found myself flipping out in the barn last weekend just taking it all in. I love the Spring! I don't think the horses appreciate the sound of a balisong though but they will get used to it in time.

BTW: a balisong is the handiest darn knife I know of when you are out in the barn working...have your hands full and need an edge real quick.

Peace!
Sabo 29
Icon of Sin

Post by Icon of Sin »

Yep, a bunch of familiar faces, good to see everyone here... man so this is like 4 bali forums to choose from now. I remeber when BFC had the only one... go figure :roll:
All My vids are back online Check them out here.
http://balisong.theasylum.org/IconOfSin/

I'm the best you ever seen Fats, I'm the best there is, and even if you beat me I'm still the best." -Fast Eddie Felson (The Hustler)
Bustard

Post by Bustard »

Hey guys, wanted to say hello too ;):D
Bustard's Crappy balisong site :cool: We host your balisong video, on a crappy site!

Spam-a-Song®!!! Once you flip, you can eat!™