New Kid on the block. BOSS

This area is dedicated to balisong (also known as butterfly) knives, and to the fine art of using them.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
nybble

Post by nybble »

BennytheBlade wrote:has anyone found any of these other than the silver or black handles?
I don't think there are any other than those in these Gen 1 blades. When the next generation comes out (from a Turber approved factory) I believe you will start seeing more varieties available.
The Balisong Times | all the knives that're fit to flip
www.balisongtimes.com
Causeway

Post by Causeway »

tonyccw wrote:
Causeway wrote:Haven't got one yet,but the knife is based on the prototype aluminum tachyon.Only one made,...and i belive that mike turber is the owner of that one.
The Dragonfly is the result of the aluminum Tachyon Prototype. The Cheetah has a completely differnent set of materials.
Same diffrence
BennytheBlade

Post by BennytheBlade »

When the next generation comes out (from a Turber approved factory) I believe you will start seeing more varieties available.
Thanks- Ill wait till then to pick one up...
tonyccw

Post by tonyccw »

Same diffrence
No it's not. The look may be the same; the handle material may be aluminum; but they are two completely different bali's in feel and execution. They both reflect their price point in terms of "you get what you pay for", but when compared to the original Tachyon, the Cheetah is very far removed from both the Tachyon and the Dragonfly.

It's not just about the surface resemblance. If it is, your argument will support those that says every cheap $10 copycat knife made is a better value than their respective retail versions. When you get a Cheetah, come back and we'll discuss the difference in machining tolerance, quality of materials (especially in the types of aluminum used, the blade steel, and the pivot bushings), and overall quality when compared to the Aluminum proto.

Lastly, while you may have played with it at Blade, Mike sent it to me for over a week of evaluation. I think I can say that I know more about that proto than you.
Causeway

Post by Causeway »

Good for you Image

Basicly thats what sparked the idea of the cheetah.
tonyccw

Post by tonyccw »

Causeway wrote:Basicly thats what sparked the idea of the cheetah.
Not exactly. The Cheetah idea was already in the works with China as the production site once Mike found out about the end of run for Tachyon. The Aluminum proto was simply a proof of concept that Mike and Tony worked out to see if he can continue to sell it at a reasonable price. In either case, the Cheetah started with the Tachyon, not the Aluminum proto as you stated. Back to your old tricks eh, Keim? Please get the facts straight before you argue with someone.
Causeway

Post by Causeway »

No time to argue..
But you have officially annoyed me.
tonyccw

Post by tonyccw »

Causeway wrote:No time to argue..
But you have officially annoyed me.
Nothing you haven't done to a great many people.

We'll meet one day, and then we can settle this "annoyance" of ours.
ExamonLyf

Post by ExamonLyf »

It has always amazed me how people can argue through an entire thread, and once they are proven to be absolutely wrong..., they "have no time to argue" anymore......lol

Incredible! :shock:
Pete Johnston

"Hunters seek what they [WANT].., Seekers hunt what they [NEED]"
Causeway

Post by Causeway »

Actually i wasn't arguing..But i'm sure that was his intent for me to start to.

I won't go on anymore about personal issues.

But maybe you should settle that amongst youself.
tonyccw

Post by tonyccw »

Causeway wrote:Actually i wasn't arguing..But i'm sure that was his intent for me to start to.
You must be kidding. I was presenting facts, not opinions. And I was doing nothing more than disputing your set of facts, and when asked to back up your facts, you brushed it off with a "No time to argue"?

Causeway: time to learn some tact. You made it personal with the "officially annoyed me" comment. :roll:
Bali's: one of life's simple pleasures.
Causeway

Post by Causeway »

Good for you.
This is pointless,...pm me if you have more criticism.
On second though don't pm me.
Point out your fact not snide remarks about me.
Don't talk trash and act like you know me...you sir have issues.
You've been ignored!
tonyccw

Post by tonyccw »

Causeway wrote:Point out your fact not snide remarks about me.
Don't talk trash and act like you know me...you sir have issues.
You've been ignored!
You have a history of spouting off your opinions that are not grounded in fact. That much is well known by me, and lots of people that have dealt with you. I tried to leave your past history behind so that you can have a clean slate with this place, but you seem to never change your spots and insist on escalating the situation. Which has always been my only issue with you. It didn't take long for you to back out of Ngo's promise to Ga Ni did it?
Bali's: one of life's simple pleasures.
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

hey everyone - lets lighten it up in here OK :!:

if you guys are tiffing about something that started on another forum - then take it back there - ok - enough said!

life's too short :wink:
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

here is an interesting thread i ran accross on microholics regarding the MT tachyon and the BOSS - http://www.microholics.org/cgi-microhol ... n+balisong

it has some good info on this topic - check it out!