Show your Balisong...

This area is dedicated to balisong (also known as butterfly) knives, and to the fine art of using them.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Causeway

Post by Causeway »

No it's not an earing..I was going to make it a pendant but it wouldn't match with the platinum and i don't think i'd wear it myself.
It flips ok for a mini balisong surley it ain't not mauro d peice.
But it's nice cause i put it together on my spare time.
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

I think it would make a great pendant. I'm not an expert but isn't gold kinda soft for bali material? Are you arokiem from BF in the Icon of Sin video. If so you are like legend over there welcome to our humble hangout.
Causeway

Post by Causeway »

Very true Stepd,...Gold is extremely soft.And when heat is applied it gets even more soft.I'm still working on an equation on how to harden gold with out the need or forging or hammering.
I figured there are so many balisongs but i have yet to see one done with precious metals...So i went ahead and put one together myself.And i'll say it came out quite nice as my first peice.

Yes formerly known as Aro...And yes, that would be me in that video(an old video at that).You can check out more new videos & pictures on my site.
It's good to be here sir.
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

In the presence of a true master I tilt my head slighty and lower me brow out of respect. Will there ever be another display by the two masters of the balisong at once.
tonyccw

Post by tonyccw »

stepdaddy wrote:Will there ever be another display by the two masters of the balisong at once.
Not unless the two of them patch up their differences. And I'm afraid I don't think Icon is willing to do one with Kiem, after the way he was treated in BF. You can read for yourself once BF returns from the weekend upgrade.
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

Thats sad I knew something happened but I didn't know what.
I'm not trying to open old wounds. I don't want to know what happened in the past or who said or did what. I think after seeing both of thier videos they are both great at the bali art and should feed off one another pushing each other to new heights. Which in turn makes us all better bali swingers.
Causeway

Post by Causeway »

I agree with you totally stepd.
tonyccw

Post by tonyccw »

Causeway wrote:I agree with you totally stepd.
Then let's hope you will do as you say and make amends. As both you and Stepdaddy mentioned, it's a big loss to Free-style manipulation if you don't both competitively feed off each other.
Causeway

Post by Causeway »

Ngo dosen't need ga ni to be up all in my personal busniess.You know ngo put some effort to avoid ga ni just because.
So what ever happends between ngo and heath "iconofsin" will stay between the two of us.Ngo dosen't need ga ni to be all up in it...So i hope ga ni understands where i'm coming from.
It's in part chinese so i know for sure you will understand sir..

stepd,
Yeah heath and i had our diffrences.With me traveling around the world while he was putting up some of my videos.I don't mind thought that was nice of him to put one together.
It's unlikley there will be a part two..Unless i get a good producer to put some of my footage up together.But more than likley you won't be seeing us in a sequal.

Ga ni dosen't really have nothing to do with it alright..
I'm sure thats cool with ga ni.Hopefully if i run into ga ni at another fourm ga ni dosen't bring up any old occurrences.No big loss no big deal.

edited to resize picture
Last edited by Causeway on Fri Apr 18, 2003 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Icon of Sin

Post by Icon of Sin »

http://www.pbase.com/iconofsin has pics of my knives... plus o\I have 2 of many videos listed below
All My vids are back online Check them out here.
http://balisong.theasylum.org/IconOfSin/

I'm the best you ever seen Fats, I'm the best there is, and even if you beat me I'm still the best." -Fast Eddie Felson (The Hustler)
Icon of Sin

Post by Icon of Sin »

Then let's hope you will do as you say and make amends. As both you and Stepdaddy mentioned, it's a big loss to Free-style manipulation if you don't both competitively feed off each other.
I check Kiem's site frequetly to see whats new and stuff, and I'm sure he sees my new videos that I drop as well. I think that we still feed off each other, but it won't be competitively in the same video anymore. I have no hard feelings against him and I hope he has no hard feelings against me. And if you read this Kiem, give it a reply, I want to know what you think.

Not just Kiem's videos make me strive to get better, all bali vids do. I want to keep myself on top of things, I like learning new things and pushing myself to the limits. An up and coming amature flipper or even a vetern flipper bith help me do this.[/b]
All My vids are back online Check them out here.
http://balisong.theasylum.org/IconOfSin/

I'm the best you ever seen Fats, I'm the best there is, and even if you beat me I'm still the best." -Fast Eddie Felson (The Hustler)
Causeway

Post by Causeway »

I ain't got no beef with you dawg and i don't hold grudges.
Pointless for me too...
We just never stayed in contact all the time.

Icon of sin as you know i've showed you a few trick or two,..you've also shown me a few tricks of your own.Thats just how it all works.
Pretty cool ani't it....

I've got to the point where i have figured out it's impossible to learn everything there is to know about the balisong knife itself.
Manipulations specificly.

Every person you teach to use the balisong will come up with atleast one original trick off their own then from there you will learn from them.The more people you teach the more tricks they will come up with.
I couldn't tell you how many poeple i've taugh to use the knife or got them into it.But each person came up with their own style.
ExamonLyf

Post by ExamonLyf »

ZENGHOST wrote:Here's my pride and joy.
Yeah that MOP Bali of yours is a beauty Zen....gorgeous work by Charles!
Pete Johnston

"Hunters seek what they [WANT].., Seekers hunt what they [NEED]"
ExamonLyf

Post by ExamonLyf »

:?:

...and Felix.., what was the balde material on that first T-1 Allen did for you?? I don't have Tony's memory...lol
Pete Johnston

"Hunters seek what they [WANT].., Seekers hunt what they [NEED]"
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

did i hear somewhere here that the tachyon is no longer produced?