Even I can have questions!

This area is dedicated to balisong (also known as butterfly) knives, and to the fine art of using them.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

I must agree there isn't room for personal attacks at this forum. We're like one big happy family talking about knife related issues. Any person who isn't Stepdaddy that starts trouble should be terminated with spare IHT knives. kinda like the way Caesar went out "Et Tu, Stepdaddy"
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Giving each other a hard time is one thing [if it's all in fun] but, serious personal attacks should be grounds for instant banishment. This should be done with the same tact, understanding, and sympathy that a Cuban firing squad has.
tonyccw

Post by tonyccw »

Pushbutton wrote:Tony C
Any chance you can post pics of the Bob Lums?
Certainly. Here's the link to where I keep my knife pic's. Enjoy.

http://members9.clubphoto.com/tony45783 ... 8b-1.phtml
Pushbutton wrote:Have you ever seen any of Paul Jarvis work? He makes some gorgeous flippers last time I played with his stuff was at a local show and these knives are works of art. They are also priced like works of art. PB
Yes I have. He attends the NYC Shows, and always have them on his table (even though it's against the law for open display). They are very high end art pieces. Just too bad my focus is primarily users. That and the fact that he gave me a hard time when I ask for permission to flip them. :wink:
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

tonyccw, I hate to talk about legal issues but I thought balisongs were legal in NY because of a court ruling... does NYC have local ordinances against them?
tonyccw

Post by tonyccw »

J-man wrote:tonyccw, I hate to talk about legal issues but I thought balisongs were legal in NY because of a court ruling... does NYC have local ordinances against them?
Carrying them in public, yes (and only in NYC, not the rest of NY State). Owning them, no (unlike Canada). Thus the existence of my collection.
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

You have an impressive collection Tony. Thanks for sharing the pics.
PB
Ronin

The 4th Suggesstion

Post by Ronin »

Will everbody please scroll up to the top of the page and left click on "Posting Suggestions." Once there, please read the 4th suggestion.
I am feeling uneasy about some of these posts on this and other threads.
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

welcome ronin,

don't worry, the parties involved know to use PM for anything too sensative. enjoy the forum!
Ronin

Post by Ronin »

Thanks mrbigg. It's gonna be nice to see how this forum grows.
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

Ronin, I'm a mod of the bali-forum. Local and state laws I will allow to be discussed, importation laws are not.