Butterflies

This area is dedicated to balisong (also known as butterfly) knives, and to the fine art of using them.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Ice Dog

Butterflies

Post by Ice Dog »

Hey, I'm a fan. I have ~12 or so of these fine, intriguing, beauties. My only demascus knife is an 11" butterfly, with a tanto style blade. The one's over at SKM are sweet and unlike any I've ever seen.

I've been eyeballing a one-of-a-kind Phillipene made monster. This thing is about 14" closed, and put together very well. When the knife is closed, the part of the blade that sticks out the top, is an eagle spreading its wings...very cool. Opened, it's almost a sword. $225 asking price...I don't know if I'm nuts for contemplating it's purchase, or nuts for planning on jumping on this one the next chance I get. I think I need therapy. What do you think?
It's only funny until someone gets hurt.....
............Then It's Hilarious!!!
Mr_Guano

Post by Mr_Guano »

Ice Dog,
How would you flip this monster?

Is it the same "knife" as the 'Batangas Bali-sword' on Knifezilla?
If it is, I imagine it would be a workout to flip 3 pounds of bali... :D

Do you own any of the SKM balis? If so, I'd be very interested in a review...
I might (MIGHT) be getting one along with the famous IHT knife.

Mr_G

oh, and yes, I think you need therapy
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

mr ice dog

yes you probably do need therapy, but don't waiste your money - remember there is no cure for gotta-have-that-knife-itis! :lol:

sounds like a really cool bali! you'll have to send us some pics if/once you get it!
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

Knifezilla Has it at $200.00 right now. I can't see flipping this thing around, you could loose an arm or something.

mrbigg

Post by mrbigg »

holy schnikeys! that's one nice balisong!

mr SD - you're right, no bandaid is big enough for mistakes made with that bad boy! i think you'd have to use two hands on that one - has anyone swung one of these giants before?
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

holy schnikeys
HOLY WHAT... terms used by persons in Batman when Adam West was the man. :lol: :lol:

Never handled anything that big. I must say though for Knifezilla it seems to be a good price. I saw one in a martial arts supply store around here for $325.00.

SD
mrbigg

Post by mrbigg »

HOLY WHAT... terms used by persons in Batman when Adam West was the man.
actually i think it was either adam sandler or chris farly who first coined the phrase "holy schnikeys!"

PVK has very good prices on almost all their stuff - except for italian goodies - stick with SKM or tiny's
Ice Dog

Post by Ice Dog »

Mr_Guano wrote:Is it the same "knife" as the 'Batangas Bali-sword' on Knifezilla?
That would be THE one. The bastid at the knife show told me it was a one-of-a -kind....oh well, I'm still learning. :?

$200 doesn't seem too bad for that (good quality) knife. The size and craftsmanship is very appealing to me...Thats my kinda knife!

I don't know how one would flip such a monster, but with a piece of hardware such as that, I don't imagine technique is too important.:D

http://knifezilla.com/balisword
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

Ice Dog

Post by Ice Dog »

Cool, thanks for the heads up!