29 knives

This area is dedicated to balisong (also known as butterfly) knives, and to the fine art of using them.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
navajo

29 knives

Post by navajo »

Sad day in Baliville. Chris Olafson has stopped production of his balisongs.
I managed to get three and want about 15 more. :cry:
balibalistic

Post by balibalistic »

Yeah,thats definitly bad new's!i wish i could have gotten more of his work.i just recieved one yesterday and am expecting atleast two more.hopefully he'll decide to continue on in the future.

ps:let's see some pic's of those 29's!!
http://balisong.theasylum.org/balibalistic/29%20004.jpg
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

the loss of 29 Knives is very sad. I never got around to getting one thinking that I'll always have a chance later. Then I learn there will not be a later.

BB- Very nice knife, put that one away as I'm sure in a year or two Chris's work will skyrocket in price on the secondary market. Oh hell flip the crap out of it :lol:

SD
balibalistic

Post by balibalistic »

stepdaddy wrote:the loss of 29 Knives is very sad. I never got around to getting one thinking that I'll always have a chance later. Then I learn there will not be a later.

BB- Very nice knife, put that one away as I'm sure in a year or two Chris's work will skyrocket in price on the secondary market. Oh hell flip the crap out of it :lol:

SD
I intend to flip this one,i baught it slightly used so i figure i'll add a few more scratches to the latch :D ,the other two will most likely be for display but im sure they'll get there 10 seconds of flipping per month.
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

No more 29 knives? DAM! Were they not so expensive I would own a couple of those now! As it is, now I might never. Dam again!
blackjack
Take Care
blackjack
'...I'm warning you...if you say Jehovah once more...'
'Women are experts at finding a man's faults and then constantly reminding him of them'
balibalistic

Post by balibalistic »

Yeah,it really is a shame!!then i find out chris might not be finishing my final order :x
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

balibalistic wrote:Yeah,it really is a shame!!then i find out chris might not be finishing my final order :x

BB: it was my understanding that he was to finsih off any orders he already had. If what you say is true thats a real shame. Sorry to hear it.

SD
balibalistic

Post by balibalistic »

What happened was i swent the deposit a few month's ago to the dealer who's working on it with me!i guess chris never asked him for it up front so it was'nt on his order list i guess.i've got my finger's crossed it'll be done though. 3.75" latchless upswept bowie,she should be a beauty!
ExamonLyf

Post by ExamonLyf »

Yeah to bad Chris needs to go in other directions :(..., missed much by [me]! :(
Pete Johnston

"Hunters seek what they [WANT].., Seekers hunt what they [NEED]"
Jerry

Post by Jerry »

The addiction works quickly.

When I saw that Chris had stopped I was able to buy a 29 Knives Bali and I jumped right in. Too nice to flip....I just keep taking it out and staring.

Great forum!

- Jerry
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Re: New Member

Post by JerrBear »

Jerry wrote:The addiction works quickly.

When I saw that Chris had stopped I was able to buy a 29 Knives Bali and I jumped right in. Too nice to flip....I just keep taking it out and staring.

Great forum!

Mr. Jerry,

Let me be the first to WELCOME you to this Great Forum!

(I like your name! :P).
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

Yes Mr Jerry, let me also say Welcome.

SD
Jerry

Thanks Guys

Post by Jerry »

S.D.:

You are in Atlanta too?...actually I am near Stone mtn.

How is the Bladeshow for Bali's?

Thanks for the welcome.

- Jerry
Jerry

Chris's Phone No. ?

Post by Jerry »

Anyone have a phone number for Chris?
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

Actually I live in Philly Pa. I'm going to the Atlanta blade show this year to meet up with a couple of guys from here and other boards. Oh ya and to look at some knives, maybe buy one or two.

SD