My budget Collection

This area is dedicated to balisong (also known as butterfly) knives, and to the fine art of using them.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
mooman978

My budget Collection

Post by mooman978 »

2 my grandpa brought back from the Philippines, Jaguar, Daiwa Allex Fish Knife-1, and a Dragon Lock knife I got from the flea market. Anymore info on these knives would be greatly appreciated.
-Thanks

I really want more high end stuff but these get the job done
Viking45

Re: My budget Collection

Post by Viking45 »

Impressive batch of Bali's you have there.
Not to state the obvious but pretty sure the Daiwa is made in Japan by the same company that makes the rods/reels etc. Scale a fish/open a beer and not necessarily in that order 8)
The older Jaguars are getting hard to find,they are good quality for the money.
The Dragon Lock is new to me (but I don't really know a lot about Bali knives) Very solid looking knife.
The Philippine Bali with the wide blade is just super cool,I hope to get a Philippine one of these days.
mooman978

Post by mooman978 »

Thanks, I hope to get some higher end bali's soon
sammy da blade

Post by sammy da blade »

Never was much of a flipper but I've had a few. I had an old balisong that sat out in the garage and got pretty nasty. I gave it to jerr and he sent it to mr. Dogg for a rehab and it looked better than new, as expected out of Ron! I still have my first one, an old frost cutlery cheapo!
thuggin -N- buggin, that's how i roll!
TMD

Post by TMD »

Great Collection! I especially like the phillipino made ones and the japanese with hidden pins!