Unusual Benchmade 42

This area is dedicated to balisong (also known as butterfly) knives, and to the fine art of using them.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Praetorian27

Unusual Benchmade 42

Post by Praetorian27 »

Hi guys,

One of the knives in the collection I am tasked with selling is this Benchmade 42. I know very little about 42's. Can anyone tell anything about this from the pics? I have never seen one with those handles. I have also read that these are commonly counterfeited. Is there any way to tell if this is genuine or fake?

Thanks!

ImageBali1 by Praetorian27, on Flickr

ImageBali2 by Praetorian27, on Flickr

ImageBali3 by Praetorian27, on Flickr

ImageBali4 by Praetorian27, on Flickr
DonC

Re: Unusual Benchmade 42

Post by DonC »

I'd suggest you email Benchmade with the photos you posted here and ask them if it's one of theirs or a counterfeit. I dealt with them on a somewhat similar matter a little while ago and was able to take the knife into their facility. It was a known counterfeit and just wanted to get their reaction.
In the course of the conversation they said if the knife had come into them for repair or service they would have confiscated it, hence my advice to send them photos just in case it's a fake.
Here's the email address of the young lady from customer service who I spoke to.
mhunter@benchmade.com

Even though they're only about 15 minutes away from me they aren't in my wheel house right now so I can't provide any opinion on "is it real or is it Memorex".

DonC