Unusual Balisong

This area is dedicated to balisong (also known as butterfly) knives, and to the fine art of using them.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Danny Bailey

Unusual Balisong

Post by Danny Bailey »

This belongs to a friend of mine, who got it from his grandfather. For the most part, an ordinary butterfly knife. The the hook on the end is like a paratrooper's shroud cutter. Can anyone here explain this one, or offer any information on a knife this style?

dark2023

Re: Unusual Balisong

Post by dark2023 »

The design is similar to the hackman balisong from the 1960's, but it appears to be of a higher build quality.
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
Danny Bailey

Post by Danny Bailey »

Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

I was going to suggest a "gut hook" but didn't put 2 and 2 together on the fish scaler but I see it now.

There was a Swedish and possibly Finnish company that made butterfly knives. Swedish for sure,I had one years ago.
The plastic scales were a burgundy color and was not a super high quality knife but unusual just the same.

This knife looks very robust.