What's my knife worth

This area is dedicated to balisong (also known as butterfly) knives, and to the fine art of using them.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
young cutlery

What's my knife worth

Post by young cutlery »

Hello, recently I've come across a benchmade model 67 bail song,
What's special is the blade is stampted "prototype"
What is this knife worth,
Thanks
Hell yeah brother
Viking45

Re: What's my knife worth

Post by Viking45 »

I would suggest contacting Benchmade and include some photos. They may not give any info on it's value(that is usually up to individual buyers/collectors) but they can tell you the year and how many were produced.
This would give you more to go on with searches.
Also there are Balisong forums that may have lots of info,if not certainly members that know.

Not many members here have interest in Balis.
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

It could easily be a fake. contact Benchmade but DO NOT send it to them no matter what. If it is counterfeit they WILL destroy it.

If it's real then you can expect to get over $400 for it, the normal 62 goes for around that right now so I can only imagine what a 67 prototype would sell for.
In the end it's worth what people are willing to pay for it.
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

It's a possibility that it is a counterfeit Mr. Dark but my gut feeling is that it's the real deal.
The Chinese were most likely unaware of a "Proto Type" of this particular model....but one never knows about those sly devils.

Fingers crossed it's the real deal.