Bowie tlatch & bushing

This area is dedicated to balisong (also known as butterfly) knives, and to the fine art of using them.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
cardoso5fr

Bowie tlatch & bushing

Post by cardoso5fr »

A small balisong with bowie blade. 115w8, full hardening, and Ta6V4 handle. The blade is 3 mm thick, , 8.5 cm sharp, flat grind, 12.5cm closed, 21 cm long, hardened 100c6 tang pins.
1.2 cm thick to the screw.
Stainless steel bushing, but without the right shop that is a bit boring to make a perfect bushing to the right size. Tappered hole to 6mm, bushing to 5.95 for 3.3 mm high for the 3mm blade + BP washer.
Ta6V4 Tlatch on BP washer.
I hate to make latch......

polaria

Re: Bowie tlatch & bushing

Post by polaria »

cardoso5fr wrote:A small balisong with bowie blade. 115w8, full hardening, and Ta6V4 handle. The blade is 3 mm thick, , 8.5 cm sharp, flat grind, 12.5cm closed, 21 cm long, hardened 100c6 tang pins.
1.2 cm thick to the screw.
Stainless steel bushing, but without the right shop that is a bit boring to make a perfect bushing to the right size. Tappered hole to 6mm, bushing to 5.95 for 3.3 mm high for the 3mm blade + BP washer.
Ta6V4 Tlatch on BP washer.
I hate to make latch......
Nice looking piece. You can't get that kind of bowie blade in balisongs very often, so thats also a plus. Can I ask whats so much wrong with making latches?
cardoso5fr

Post by cardoso5fr »

Thank you :). latch is simply very long to adjust well :D
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Mr. Cardoso I hope to have one of your knives some day (several actually) but I want a bali with this type of handle/frame. I love that texture.
Outstanding. Your knives are very robust and I like that. I enjoy a heavy knife.
cardoso5fr

Post by cardoso5fr »

thank you. I do my best :D