Kiribali or balidashi

This area is dedicated to balisong (also known as butterfly) knives, and to the fine art of using them.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
cardoso5fr

Kiribali or balidashi

Post by cardoso5fr »

ANother bali dashi or kiribali as you want.

12cm closed, 17cm open, 3cm width, 6 cm sharp
115w8 3mm thick, differential hardening with hamon.
Double tempering to 200°c.
Ta6V4 toxified and anodised handle. The safe handle is checkered to the heel. Carbon Fiber spacer.

polaria

Re: Kiribali or balidashi

Post by polaria »

Pretty little thing and the simple kydex (I assume thats what it is) carrier looks practical for something like this. However, why did you choose that scalpel-like blade shape?
cardoso5fr

Post by cardoso5fr »

thank you :)

the sheath is in abs but it's the same thing :D

For the blade profil, that is simply because i make a lot of kiridashi and a guys asked me for another balisong with that blade profil :D
polaria

Post by polaria »

cardoso5fr wrote:For the blade profil, that is simply because i make a lot of kiridashi and a guys asked me for another balisong with that blade profil :D
Well thats a clear reason :)

If I can judge it roght from the pictures the blade seems to be unsymmetrically sharpened, with grind only on the right side, correct?

Also the 6 cm is maybe a bit longer than usual kiridashi, but then again there is little reason to make a balisong blade significantly shorter than the handle can fit...
cardoso5fr

Post by cardoso5fr »

It's a righter chisel grind. The kiridashi are grind only one side. There are exception but normaly it's a chisel.

For the size, there are some big kiridashi and some very small, i did a bali kiridashi with 1 cm sharp edge :) long time ago.