Bali Laboratory

This area is dedicated to balisong (also known as butterfly) knives, and to the fine art of using them.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
cardoso5fr

Bali Laboratory

Post by cardoso5fr »

The main idea was to test some various thing.

The first was to use folded plate to make a channel handle as i do on my Cardo No Kami.
I choose copper that time.

The second was to use a hardened 100c6 tang pin put in force

The third was to use a mosaic pins (epoxy brass and drill bit)
The blade is in Xc75, differential hardened, deeply etched (with a ferric chloride bath a bit old with some copper trace...)
More or less 6 cm sharp for 15 cm long open.

The result.

For the folded handle, that is not bad, that is almost impossible to have something perfect with hand fold (hammer and anvil) but that is really not bad. The flip is good, and it's quitly easy to do.

The solid tang pin, it's perfect, the result is OK, that is strong and not bad at all. Quitly easy to make with the right drill bit.

Mosaic pin as tang pin. Brass, epoxy and drill bit are to forget..... I would try with stainless tube, welding and welding or brass rod.... But the one i use is awfull.... I will put it away and put a roll pins instead.

I will re do an handle in order to have something a bit better. But the result of that test and fail is positive :)

Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Re: Bali Laboratory

Post by Vagrant »

:D :!:
cardoso5fr

Re: Bali Laboratory

Post by cardoso5fr »

The new version with a better tang pin and a new handle :D