Recommendations for First Bali?

This area is dedicated to balisong (also known as butterfly) knives, and to the fine art of using them.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
incaorchid

Recommendations for First Bali?

Post by incaorchid »

If you were to recommend only one, which would you pick?
I don't want to get addicted to another type of knife.
Already I have addictions to autos and assisted openers.
Knifeguy420

Re: Recommendations for First Bali?

Post by Knifeguy420 »

Hello and welcome to the forum friend! If you want some cheaper and not too expensive MTech twist is a great choice, if your looking for something better then go with either a benchmade 31 mini morpho or benchmade 51 morpho, depending on the size you would like! But i warn you even getting one youll probably want another, there addicting too! Whatever you end up getting cheap or expensive share it with us and dont forget we love to see pics of awesome knives here! :D
' Snitches get stitches '
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

If you're a novice to flippers, I would also recommend a cheaper model for practicing. Then get yourself a nice Benchmade Bali or other great swingers out there. Love my Benchmade 42, great size and balance.
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

If you were to recommend only one, which would you pick?
I don't want to get addicted to another type of knife.
Already I have addictions to autos and assisted openers.
You should get the "Tank" balisong from Bladeplay.
It's cheaply made, but solid. Mine has taken some serious abuse for more than a year and not fallen apart.
Even my original Jaguar balisong broke, but not the tank. (got them at the same time)
If you decide that you like it then you can graduate to an FHM or maybe a bradley kimura (if you don't mind the sandwich construction).
And from there I'd go with benchmade or custom knives.
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
incaorchid

Post by incaorchid »

Thanks for the replies.
I am looking at the Benchmade 51 Morpho for my next purchase.
hanuman3

Post by hanuman3 »

Agreed on the BM 51, great quality but a tad light.
“CANNIBAL, n. A gastronome of the old school who preserves the simple tastes and adheres to the natural diet of the pre-pork period.”
- Ambrose Bierce
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

Screw the BM51, they rust too easily and are not worth the money.
If your gonna spend that amount get a Bradley mayhem, better materials and better finish.
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
polaria

Post by polaria »

incaorchid wrote:Thanks for the replies.
I am looking at the Benchmade 51 Morpho for my next purchase.
I have 51 Morpho, its a great knife for day-to-day carry but simply too light for a beginner. If you learn all you flipping on something as featherweight as this you have to relearn it again when ever you use something with actual metal for handles :P