exiled's new fu42!

This area is dedicated to balisong (also known as butterfly) knives, and to the fine art of using them.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Chrisadamley

Re: exiled's new fu42!

Post by Chrisadamley »

BTB0923 wrote:
HumanEvolution wrote:A lot of crazies from Jerzee Devil. They seem to make it their life mission to pour nonstop hatred towards anything that looks like BM.
I read the threads on Jerzeedevil and for the most part they didn't seem all that crazy to me. The FU42 knives are made at least partially of Chinese parts, but are labeled "made in USA". I don't have any personal problem with JB at RSI, but I can't say I that I completely agree with the way he marketed the FU42. If (emphasis on the if) I was interested in buying a BM42 clone, I'd just buy one of the $30 ones that still have the spring latch. Why spend the extra 100+ bucks on an FU42?
Right, and i think that's where a lot of people get mad. Because some people don't realize you can just go buy essentially the same knife for $20-$30. Instead they buy the FU42 thinking they are getting a great deal for $100.

Its just wrong to purposely deceive the buyer IMO. I don't know his argument about it, but i don't see how he could deny that he is saying they are made in usa, when really they are not..... :shock:
jayjay

Post by jayjay »

jimbeam wrote:Apparently they are made in Denver, CO. I guess we know what the FU42 stands for. 8)
dont knock it till you try it
FU42 is sweet
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

jayjay wrote:
jimbeam wrote:Apparently they are made in Denver, CO. I guess we know what the FU42 stands for. 8)
dont knock it till you try it
FU42 is sweet
What makes it any better than one of the $30 Chinese clones?
Click here for the most recently updated list of movies covered in our "movie switchblades" thread...
http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php ... 08#p216408
Chrisadamley

Post by Chrisadamley »

I'm surprised this has been brought back up...

Has anyone here watched any "cutlerylover" videos from youtube?

Someone sent him comparison knives to compare to the FU42....

The conclusion was they were basically BM42 counterfeits that they just took the logo off. Same with the cases. They were benchmade counterfeit shealths that they literally just ripped the tag off of.

Its sad when a company will buy counterfeits, remove the logos, jack the price...and there are people that defend this company. Its a joke.
wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

I'm surprised this topic has come up again. Take your time and read through this thread and you'll get a pretty fair conclusion reguarding the FU42. I bought one the day he put them up for sale at Christmas time last year. I really new nothing about Butterfly knives but I wanted one styled like the FU42 and I thought it would be great to have one of the only 30 made and in the U.S.A. WOW! Man was I fooled.It didn't take long before some problems started happening and when I reported them to the seller he more or less told me I didn't understand the reason the pivots were deseigned the way they were but I could add some washers or file them down myself and the sheath is torn through the bottom and the seam where it looks like a tag may have been there is ripped. The last time I went to his sight he was selling FU42's with Damascas blades for a few bucks more than I paid for my rare 1 of 30 originals. The latch was a pretty good idea and I do beleive it is the only part actually made in the U.S.A. So in conclusion he not only FU'd Benchmade's BM42 but he did the same to me and any other customer that bought one. Don't take my word for it just shop his name around a few other forums but I hope you have thick skin. I'm still afraid to go to the forum of devils from New Jersey. I actually thought they wanted to come down here and slap me around because I tried to reason with them :evil: You could do youself a favor and save 100 bucks by buying a CCC. At least they will be honest with you and tell you they are ripping Benchmade off and not you.
Think about,
wazu013
“The difference between involvement and commitment is like ham and eggs. The chicken is involved; the pig is committed.”
hanuman3

Post by hanuman3 »

While I do not believe the 'replica', 'clones' or 'knockoffs' even approach the quality of Benchmade, you cannot blame an individual who is new to the balisong arena searching for a more cost effective alternative.
“CANNIBAL, n. A gastronome of the old school who preserves the simple tastes and adheres to the natural diet of the pre-pork period.”
- Ambrose Bierce
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

hanuman3 wrote:While I do not believe the 'replica', 'clones' or 'knockoffs' even approach the quality of Benchmade, you cannot blame an individual who is new to the balisong arena searching for a more cost effective alternative.
Right, but that's the problem... the FU42 is not the cost effective alternative. They are "bedazzled" Chinese clones that cost three to four times what you could be paying. The cost effective alternative is the $30 clones that still have a working spring latch. I suppose if you like the swapped out piston latch and the new finish it's worth paying the extra 70-100 or so bucks, but it's certainly not the cheapest option by far.
Click here for the most recently updated list of movies covered in our "movie switchblades" thread...
http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php ... 08#p216408