Magnetic Benchmade

This area is dedicated to balisong (also known as butterfly) knives, and to the fine art of using them.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
wazu013

Magnetic Benchmade

Post by wazu013 »

Did Benchmade ever make a totally magnetic bali? If not are the magnetic ones a rip off?
Thank you,
wazu013
“The difference between involvement and commitment is like ham and eggs. The chicken is involved; the pig is committed.”
dark2023

Re: Magnetic Benchmade

Post by dark2023 »

From what I've heard, if it's magnetic then it's a clone or counterfeit. (unless you mean just the latch)
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
linos

Post by linos »

they were making stainless steel handled balis before they went with titanium
the if its magnetic it`s counterfeit only counts on the models that came with the 42 and after...
wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

This is the knife in question. It's only 7 1/2" open with a T-latch. It is very well made. It was purchased about 15 years ago. Let me know what you think.
wazu013
Attachments
Balisiong 040.JPG
Balisiong 040.JPG (162.06 KiB) Viewed 5565 times
Balisiong 030.JPG
Balisiong 030.JPG (123.43 KiB) Viewed 5567 times
Balisiong 018.JPG
Balisiong 018.JPG (133.21 KiB) Viewed 5567 times
“The difference between involvement and commitment is like ham and eggs. The chicken is involved; the pig is committed.”
CDR_Glock

Post by CDR_Glock »

It's magnetic because it's stainless steel.

The 31, 41-43, 46, 47, 51, 32, 49 are titanium.

The 30, 35, 44, 45 and 48 are stainless.

The 53 is a POS.
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

The 53 is a POS.
How about the Bradley Mayhem or the BM51 ?
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
CDR_Glock

Post by CDR_Glock »

dark2023 wrote:
The 53 is a POS.
How about the Bradley Mayhem or the BM51 ?
Mayhem for a everyday use knife is excellent. It is not an ideal flipper but it can be flipped. Curved short handles are not easy to control. It is a collab between Kershaw and Benchmade. It's titanium and has a great spring latch and a belt clip but I do not trust any belt clip on a knife. Then again, neither is a 2" Pandayan Balisong easy to flip with Eagle Tangs. See my YouTube channel.

The 51 is a d2 steel blade unless you get the limited edition which is a nice s30v. More rust resistant in s30v. The scales are g10 which are durable and won't crack but will chip if dropped onto concrete. But so will anything else that hits concrete. ANY BALISONG that is a sandwich can fall apart. I recommend using locktite blue on torx screws. My first one fell apart in my hands because the screws loosened. What I mean was that the latch came off and the end of the handle disassembled.

Always have a torx screw kit. I also made a video how I upkeep my knives. I'll post it here.