BM42 value?

This area is dedicated to balisong (also known as butterfly) knives, and to the fine art of using them.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
wazu013

BM42 value?

Post by wazu013 »

I have a friend looking to trade his Benchmade 42 for one of my Autos. Can you give me a ballpark vigure for value. It's in near mint condition and apears to be ten years old, give or take. I'm not a Balisong collector so I am clueless on it's value and wear points etc.
Thanks,
wazu013
“The difference between involvement and commitment is like ham and eggs. The chicken is involved; the pig is committed.”
wazu013

Re: BM42 value?

Post by wazu013 »

Doesn't anyone have an idea about this? Now I know why I don't know anything about them, nobody else does either.
“The difference between involvement and commitment is like ham and eggs. The chicken is involved; the pig is committed.”
jimbeam

Post by jimbeam »

Let's see a pic please. I may be interested in buying it.
wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

jimbeam wrote:Let's see a pic please. I may be interested in buying it.
I'm just trying to find out what it may be worth. I can't think about selling it until I own it.
Thanks,
wazu013
Chrisadamley

Post by Chrisadamley »

wazu013 wrote:I have a friend looking to trade his Benchmade 42 for one of my Autos. Can you give me a ballpark vigure for value. It's in near mint condition and apears to be ten years old, give or take. I'm not a Balisong collector so I am clueless on it's value and wear points etc.
Thanks,
wazu013
Have they even been making model 42's for 10 years?

Anyways, if you can find someone selling it they are worth about $280 or thereabouts pending on condition. Just what i have seen.
wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

Chrisadamley wrote:
wazu013 wrote:I have a friend looking to trade his Benchmade 42 for one of my Autos. Can you give me a ballpark vigure for value. It's in near mint condition and apears to be ten years old, give or take. I'm not a Balisong collector so I am clueless on it's value and wear points etc.
Thanks,
wazu013
Have they even been making model 42's for 10 years?

Anyways, if you can find someone selling it they are worth about $280 or thereabouts pending on condition. Just what i have seen.
Thanks for the info. How long ago was it cut from their product line? I see from my research that it's sales were considered arguably the most prolific of all Balisongs. They said it was the Buck 110 of balisongs. Why stop making it?
wazu013
CDR_Glock

Post by CDR_Glock »

Thanks,
wazu013
Spring latch or T-latch?

Ever sharpened? Is tip blunt? Box? Sheath? Papers? Scratches on latch? Scratches on blade? Wear on tang cups?

Trade value for unused T-latch is about $325. Spring latch is $350.

If any of the criteria is present subtract $10-$30 for each.

What auto are you giving him?

Here are my vids outlining different Balisongs from $90 to $600/$700:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5M_BQI1 ... ata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzP_psV0 ... ata_player
wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

GDR_Glock,
Thanks for th info. That's what I was hoping to get when I startyed this thread. My Buddy just wants my Buck 110 auto. After reading your note I almost feel bad making the deal with his. Knowing me I'll probably kick in something llse to make it right. I know he likes some of my Case XX knives. I only looked at the Balisong for a second. Now I'll have to look closer. I really had no idea what they are worth. At least 3 people have said they are interested in buying it after I make the trade. I'm starting to lean towards keeping it as a seed for my new Balisong collection :D
All I need is to start running after every Balisong that I see. I'm already starting to foam at the mouth 8)
Thanks again,
wazu013
CDR_Glock

Post by CDR_Glock »

wazu013 wrote:GDR_Glock,
Thanks for th info. That's what I was hoping to get when I startyed this thread. My Buddy just wants my Buck 110 auto. After reading your note I almost feel bad making the deal with his. Knowing me I'll probably kick in something llse to make it right. I know he likes some of my Case XX knives. I only looked at the Balisong for a second. Now I'll have to look closer. I really had no idea what they are worth. At least 3 people have said they are interested in buying it after I make the trade. I'm starting to lean towards keeping it as a seed for my new Balisong collection :D
All I need is to start running after every Balisong that I see. I'm already starting to foam at the mouth 8)
Thanks again,
wazu013
I don't consider Balisongs an investment. They're my passion because of a few influences such as my dad who got me my first Balisong, DaBird introducing me to the forums, and everyone else along the way who make tutorials.

However, Balisongs have a good resale value and if you're into trying them out, you'll get your money back.

I don't know what a Buck 110 commands in price. Just know that a Balisong lightly used is worth a lot of cheddar.

If you're interested in knowing more, check my YouTube channel. I have a few knives of the genre. Also go to Jerzee Devil and Blade forums. On JD, post an introduction.
wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

CDR_Glock wrote:
wazu013 wrote:GDR_Glock

If you're interested in knowing more, check my YouTube channel. I have a few knives of the genre. Also go to Jerzee Devil and Blade forums. On JD, post an introduction.
I'll check it out.
Thanks Again.
CDR_Glock

Post by CDR_Glock »

wazu013 wrote:
CDR_Glock wrote:
wazu013 wrote:GDR_Glock

I'll check it out.
Thanks Again.
Did you trade for the knife, already?