Happy Halloween: Green Goblin

This area is dedicated to balisong (also known as butterfly) knives, and to the fine art of using them.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
CDR_Glock

Happy Halloween: Green Goblin

Post by CDR_Glock »

This is a custom knife made by Terry Guinn. This is numbered 6 and I believe there are only 15 that exist. The handles are steel and the hinges are IKBS. The contour is like a Szabofly but the knife is as functional as it is unique and beautiful. There is an elongated finger guard making this a formidable fighting knife if necessary but something this high end would not be an Every Day Carry Knife. The blade to me, looks like a Scimitar and it's a work of art! The etching is gorgeous.

Aside from aesthetics, this has one of the most unique closing mechanisms. It utilizes magnets to lock in the open and closed positions. Despite the weight, due to the smoothness of IKBS, it is a great flipper. It takes a few practice attempts to determine its intrinsic momentum given the field strength of the magnetic latches. It took a few attempts to get the guy to do a Y2K or helix since you have to actuate the handles beyond the gravity of the magnet.

This is an AWESOME balisong and it utilizes the art of a Persian or Asian style knife with the modern technology of IKBS and invisible Magnetic closure.

This is a BAD ASS KNIFE!!!

JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Re: Happy Halloween: Green Goblin

Post by JerrBear »

WOW Mr. CDR_Glock!

That's the coolest Bali I have ever seen!
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

JerrBear wrote:WOW Mr. CDR_Glock!

That's the coolest Bali I have ever seen!
I second that. 8)
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

that damascus is beautiful!

SD
CDR_Glock

Post by CDR_Glock »

stepdaddy wrote:that damascus is beautiful!SD
I don't believe it's Damascus. I think it is just etched. It's a work of art.