Basilisk: Solid And skeletonized

This area is dedicated to balisong (also known as butterfly) knives, and to the fine art of using them.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
CDR_Glock

Basilisk: Solid And skeletonized

Post by CDR_Glock »

When I compare it to a solid handled Basilisk, it is thinner and narrower in the handles.

The blades are identical since I don't like serrations.

The solid handled Basilisk is smooth and quiet. The skeletonized Basilisk is easier to flip but noisier. No surprise there, eh?

I love them both equally. They are superior flippers.

Overall, either one works well in their own right. Get one of each! You'll feel a difference. One is not superior. Just different. Weight difference is negligible.

This is truly and amazing knife! I cannot speak highly enough about it.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Re: Basilisk: Solid And skeletonized

Post by Vagrant »

8)
CDR_Glock

Post by CDR_Glock »

[QUOTE=Tricklaj;9199130]I'm guessing he isn't taking anymore orders? Or is it an unimaginable wait? The basilisk was going to be my next investment but it looks like I'm screwed![/QUOTE]

Unless he finds a supplier, there won't be anything for a long while. :confused:That's too bad. He makes a nice product.

BY DA WAY:

Here is a comparison between the skeletonized and Morpho. I thought, before acquiring the Basilisk, "They look the same to me. Who cares???" Then I got one, and now I know. Superficially, they look alike but that's where the similarities end.

If you get the opportunity to find one, or see one fall from the Heavens, grab it and RUN. RUN FAST. KEEP IT. Don't ever get rid of it.

Both are gorgeous. I like the Jeweled Titanium Liner more.
Thicker channel due to thicker spacer but thinner G10:
The guards are superior on the Basilisk:
Aggressive edge on the Basilisk:
See how much thicker the blade on a Basilisk is compared to a Morpho?
panner

Post by panner »

8) :!:
EVERY MAN DIES : NOT EVERY MAN REALLY LIVES.