Whats the better buy

This area is dedicated to balisong (also known as butterfly) knives, and to the fine art of using them.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
diceroll

Whats the better buy

Post by diceroll »

ok so i am looking at the "The Twist" or the "Jaguar Classic" the jag is from this site http://69.94.107.111/webcat/newbalisong.html can any one tell it its the real deal? but i have heard great things about both i started flipping cheap 5$ ones i got from a army surplus store my first two are just to cheap and wont hold an edge like the twists 440 steal. i just want to know whats the better buy after i had to hunt forever for the twist i think its better but i thought to ask more people who may have tried them out. any other suggestions would be great but i don't want to go over 30 for them at just the moment. Thanks
Bama

Re: Whats the better buy

Post by Bama »

The Jag will come super sharp, but the handles are pretty bulky. Personally I don't care for the handles. I like the Bear MGC. They are made in the USA and have a heavey blade. Pacific Cutlery clone is also awesome, it is another heavey knife. Didn't see The Twist knife you refrenced. Welcome to the forum. Happy collecting!!!
Last edited by Bama on Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bama

Post by Bama »

Tack Bali knives are great knives too if you want a little lighter knife. They are head and shoulders above the $12 knives.
diceroll

Post by diceroll »

this is where i found the twist http://www.bladeops.com/The-Twist-Butte ... ds01rb.htm i went ahead and got it just because i liked the look in black matte. I have heard that about the jag but the first bali i had i sharpened and ended up with lots of bandaged hands so this being a little dual i did not mind i just dont like the looks of the trainers with exception of the bear i did like but i love a functional knife better. thanks for the help and the welcome to the forms. but i just can not find them in stock any where so i might go with the jag is their a recommended site so i dont end up with a shoddy and cheap clone?
Bama

Post by Bama »

Personally I would much prefer the M-Tech over that particular Jag. model. M-Tech and Tack Bali are basically the same knife. Knifezella in good, I have never had a problem with them. Check the "good ones" on the switchblade forum. Some of those guys also have butterfly knives. Stu is one in particular.
diceroll

Post by diceroll »

Ok i will thanks. ya i think i might go with the other just cause i cant find the M-tech any where i look its always sold out. I hate wanting to buy knives and not having money thank for all the help. I am having finding this Tack Bali google wont pull it up any advice or am i missing part of the name. I do know how to flip a little but i know no other names than bear and benchmade in name brands for bali's.
Bama

Post by Bama »

www.stu711.com is the cheapest. Great customer service. Thier $15 range are the Tack Bali / M-Tech knives.
DaBird

Post by DaBird »

diceroll wrote:Ok i will thanks. ya i think i might go with the other just cause i cant find the M-tech any where i look its always sold out. I hate wanting to buy knives and not having money thank for all the help. I am having finding this Tack Bali google wont pull it up any advice or am i missing part of the name. I do know how to flip a little but i know no other names than bear and benchmade in name brands for bali's.

Google Mtech Twist ---- that is the one designed by Darrel Ralph --- a GREAT knife for around $25.
Oderint Dum Metuant
"Let them hate,as long as they fear"