Everyone's first Balisong?

This area is dedicated to balisong (also known as butterfly) knives, and to the fine art of using them.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Mik

Post by Mik »

my first is a Frost bali. it has the "surgical" stainless steel with brass handles with green stained wood inserts. bought it in 1987. nice knife, but a little loose now.
happy noodle boy

Post by happy noodle boy »

my first bali was a red one. I found it in the woods.
HTMLBali

Post by HTMLBali »

"a red one"
well that helps
any markings or descriptions?
and if ya found it in the woods it was probably there for a reason.
MarioG14

Post by MarioG14 »

HTMLBali wrote:"a red one"
well that helps
any markings or descriptions?
and if ya found it in the woods it was probably there for a reason.
Example: Murder weapon.
What is this great evil? How did it steal into the world? From what seed, what root did it spring? Who's doing this? Who's killing us? Robbing us of light and life. Mocking us with the sight of what we might have known.
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

Yeah noodle boy... where exactly in the woods did you find the knife anyway? Can you give us a little more info? How long ago was this as well?
rovman

Post by rovman »

Taylor Cutlery Manila Folder, I bought a Brass handled one when I was fifteen for $40.00 in 1984, two weeks later I bought a Aluminum handled one that I kept until recently. They were the first Balis Ive ever owned, I got a cheap Benchmade 259 I believe after that, that was the cheapest Bali Iv'e ever owned to date. Jaguars in my opinion are a waste of time, and so are all of the cccs out there. If you are new to this game and want something that will last, save your money for a Benchmade 4x, you will not be dissapointed..... 8)
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

rovman wrote:Taylor Cutlery Manila Folder, I bought a Brass handled one when I was fifteen for $40.00 in 1984, two weeks later I bought a Aluminum handled one that I kept until recently. They were the first Balis Ive ever owned, I got a cheap Benchmade 259 I believe after that, that was the cheapest Bali Iv'e ever owned to date. Jaguars in my opinion are a waste of time, and so are all of the cccs out there. If you are new to this game and want something that will last, save your money for a Benchmade 4x, you will not be dissapointed..... 8)
welcome to the forum mr rovman! this is good advice that has been echoed several dozen times here :wink:

please make yourself familiar with the posting suggestions at the top of the page, and enjoy our humble home!
MarioG14

Post by MarioG14 »

Rovman, didn't you used to have a Sub-Zero Avatar?
What is this great evil? How did it steal into the world? From what seed, what root did it spring? Who's doing this? Who's killing us? Robbing us of light and life. Mocking us with the sight of what we might have known.
rovman

Post by rovman »

Thanks for the welcome guys, I forgot to include my avitar before but it is here now. I cut myself for the first time in several years with my new 42SS, just another scar to build character, this new Benchmade is a very sharp and great Balisong that I highly reccomend, just be carefull and remember that it will bite. The bandages that Mike from New Graham came in handy today!!
happy noodle boy

the blade was rusted and chipped severely, it was loose as hell and wouldn't hold an edge, it was probably made in china., but too cheap to have any markings
J-man

Post by J-man »

happy noodle boy, :roll:
happy noodle boy

what? it's the best a way under age kid who's miles from anything interesting can get.
J-man

Post by J-man »

happy noodle boy wrote:what? it's the best a way under age kid who's miles from anything interesting can get.

:roll:

Have you ever wondered why it was there?
MarioG14

Post by MarioG14 »

:?
HTMLBali

Post by HTMLBali »

This thread just died horribly.....ummmm may i suggest some posts of this be deleted? ^_^