Everyone's first Balisong?

This area is dedicated to balisong (also known as butterfly) knives, and to the fine art of using them.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Voyager AL

Post by Voyager AL »

I have a Balisong that I bought at a knife show about 1985. Good shape, with a sheath. Would love to trade it to someone who likes these, I collect switchblades. Pittsburgh here.
Jefferson

Post by Jefferson »

My first Bali was an old green Herbertz with black spots on it, i found this about 2 years ago, than my father put it away for me...

I started collecting knives a few monds ago and my father gave me back this knife for my collection, since than i'm hooked on bali's and only collect these kind of knives now, and manipulate them ofcourse :wink:
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

Mr Jefferson:

What balis does your collection now include.

SD
MarioG14

Post by MarioG14 »

Wow, I made this thread quite a while ago.
What is this great evil? How did it steal into the world? From what seed, what root did it spring? Who's doing this? Who's killing us? Robbing us of light and life. Mocking us with the sight of what we might have known.
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

MarioG14 wrote:Wow, I made this thread quite a while ago.

WOW! That's like MOS' awesome, Dude!
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
MarioG14

Post by MarioG14 »

JerrBear wrote:
MarioG14 wrote:Wow, I made this thread quite a while ago.

WOW! That's like MOS' awesome, Dude!
Thanks, dude! :roll:
What is this great evil? How did it steal into the world? From what seed, what root did it spring? Who's doing this? Who's killing us? Robbing us of light and life. Mocking us with the sight of what we might have known.
Jefferson

Post by Jefferson »

stepdaddy wrote:Mr Jefferson:

What balis does your collection now include.

SD
Not many :cry: ... yet :wink:

I got 2 jags
a BM42 a Spyderco Spyderfly and my recently purchased BM47A :D
And i'm expecting a BM40T soon
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

a BM42 a Spyderco Spyderfly and my recently purchased BM47A

Not bad at all. The 47A is an awesome bali.

SD
29_BlaDe

first bali

Post by 29_BlaDe »

Last post was January......12 months later im adding a reply; Anyway my first bali was a FHM; Kids in our neighborhood plays bali like kids here plays there hotwheels.Its more of a toy than a knife/weapon. My first bali was a batangas made, very heavy, with brass and horn handles; Fast forward......15 years later; I bought a BM42 a few months ago and Spyderfly and still counting........

Even now I still consider them a toy. I carry a folder for my EDC. I enjoy flipping my balis and internet makes us easier to learn advance moves and aerials; Thanks to the guys that made those instructional clips and thanks to the guys in this/these forums that shares their passion of balis; :D
mr taylor

dragon-lock

Post by mr taylor »

I have all tree sizes of the taylor dragon-lock. I have carried mine since I was 13 ..I'm 32 now and the damn thing is still rock solid. I wanted to put my original knive away for safe keeping and decided to see if any old dragon-locks were availible online for purchas... I found two! I got them for $20 bucks a piece! a good friend with a knife shop fixed um up for me and the look fresh out of the box.

if anyone here knows of, or has, a dragon-lock to sell...let me know.

nothing beats the old stainless steel knives.
SniperStud

Post by SniperStud »

first one i bought was a black Wave bali, i love it, had it for over a year now and it still is awesome, im lookin to replace it here soon, and get another knife the wave knives are one of the best imo...
xilix

Post by xilix »

My first was a cheap pig with brass handles that I bought from a friend for $5. It broke after 6 months of flipping. Probably the worst quality knife I've ever owned now that I think about it.
tpyke

Post by tpyke »

This is my first bali:
I got this one over 17 years ago! This knife got "sharpened" on just about everything...curbs, skateboard griptape, you name it!
The blade is stamped "Pakistan"...
At one point the pivot pins actually broke so I replaced them with finishing nails that I bent a bit to have them stay in place. You can kinda see it in the pic. Too bad I didn't know how to peen back then! This has got to be the most ridiculous knife I own, but I can't seem to throw i out... :roll:
butch

Post by butch »

Not my first but it is my favorite,its is my first high end bali though,No cracks about my socks please. :lol:
tpyke

Post by tpyke »

That is a sweet knife, I got one just like it, but with a green blade. Very well made.