Be Like a Spy!!

This area is dedicated to balisong (also known as butterfly) knives, and to the fine art of using them.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
CalviNNatioN

Be Like a Spy!!

Post by CalviNNatioN »

Hello everybody Im new here. A little while ago I made Two Intructional videos on how to do the moves from the spy in the game Team Fortress 2.

Tell me what you think.

Enjoy

Calvinnation

Video 1- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBWMndXlpvA

Video 2- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8kXELah ... re=related
spsgold

Re: Be Like a Spy!!

Post by spsgold »

Nice.....Great to see some "Bali-Slingin" on the site.
housefull

Post by housefull »

That's great! That's quite a very informative post. Thanks for your share.
CalviNNatioN

Post by CalviNNatioN »

thanks guys!!!
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

Welcome to you new members.

Appreciate your spirit of contribution CalviNNatioN; I don't know much about Bali's, so I have a question. In video 2 it shows the guy handling the knife putting his finger between the blade and handle half. Looks like it would work OK if the instructions were followed, but is it possible for the beginner to get it wrong and get a finger between the cutting edge and handle, and couldn't you get a serious cut trying to learn this procedure?

Tom
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
cardoso5fr

Post by cardoso5fr »

On the first video, your move is not the same than the 3D one. The opening in the 3d is in only one mouvement, the back of the blade don't touch the back of the hand. Your move is in two time with the back of blade on back of the end.
It's interresting to see the 3D version and a "real one". :mrgreen:
KMNREMTP

Post by KMNREMTP »

The first thing to learn about a butterfly is about a manila/ safe handle.... that's what i taught my 3 yr old little girl. she can pick up any butterfly [that has] a safe handle and tell you that it's the manila handle, and she can also label the 'bite handle' i gotta super smart 3 yr old! but another thing to learn early on in the game is how to manipulate the knife WITHOUT hitting your hand with the blade. the safe side is marvelous but we've all seen double-edged and there's no way to flip those without cutting urself unless you learn to slow the blade down before it hits your hand. also, calvinnation, i really appreciate the posts, learned both tricks in a week. i have a ton of experience flipping, but it was the same trick over and over again for about 15 yrs. i ran across another guy who taught me about 2 more tricks. i came up with one on my own, dont know if it's been done before but i call it a Doc Holliday because ur twirling the knife with ur trigger finger like a gun. anyway, just wanted to let you know that i enjoyed the video and it was VERY informative.!
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

cardoso5fr wrote:On the first video, your move is not the same than the 3D one. The opening in the 3d is in only one mouvement, the back of the blade don't touch the back of the hand. Your move is in two time with the back of blade on back of the end.
I noticed that as well. It's a completely different manipulation.
Click here for the most recently updated list of movies covered in our "movie switchblades" thread...
http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php ... 08#p216408