Recently acquired Manila Folder Bali!

This area is dedicated to balisong (also known as butterfly) knives, and to the fine art of using them.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
FrankenSteveTat2

Recently acquired Manila Folder Bali!

Post by FrankenSteveTat2 »

I recently acquired a brass handled Manila Folder bali! Not in the best of shape but a little buff and blade finishing will bring her back to life. She is built like a tank and heavier than a hand grenade! I had one just like it when I was 19 but the latch is on the wrong side. What the hell! Any body have any info on these? Made by Taylor/Seto Japan. I have not seen one of these in years so when I came across one I had to get it! Thanks! Steve :mrgreen:
sandbar

Re: Recently acquired Manila Folder Bali!

Post by sandbar »

Show us a pic
Results are directly driven, by the work that is done.
The Doctor

Re: Recently acquired Manila Folder Bali!

Post by The Doctor »

Funny thing, I bought a Manila Folder back in the early '80s but lost interest. I recently regained an interest and dug it out along with the little Silver Dragon I had bought around the same time. What I remember most about the Manila was giving myself a deep cut on mu index knuckle, and a deep gash on one foot. Back then, the internet wasn't as loaded with info as it is now, nor were there as many people here in the US who were flipping them.

The Manila seems to be too heavy to start back up with, and the Dragon is a bit short, so I looked around for a Benchmade 42, but haven't had a lot of luck. I should receive my 51 Morpho in a couple of days and I'm looking forward to learning again.

I'll try to upload a photo of the Manila Folder. The blade has the words "Manila Folder" silk-screened on it, and is stamped "Taylor Cutlery Surgical Japan" and "(copyright symbol) 1982 S.A.T.
Manila Folder.jpg
Manila Folder.jpg (28.25 KiB) Viewed 3631 times