Info about Bali-songs in Canada

This area is dedicated to balisong (also known as butterfly) knives, and to the fine art of using them.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
baliguy

Re: Info about Bali-songs in Canada

Post by baliguy »

AFAIK, any blade length is legal provided it is easily seen. No concealment..that is a no no and will get you busted for concealed weapon.
roadsideimports

Post by roadsideimports »

To all Canadian Balisong lovers.

AssistedKnife is my website and yes I ship all my balisongs in parts to Canada. Yes, that means I take them apart. Balisongs are not illegal in Canada but they are illegal to import.

The Canadian Criminal Code states exactly this:

In sec. (84)(1)(b) "any knife that has a blade that opens automatically by gravity or centrifugal force, or by hand pressure applied to a button, spring or other device attached to the handle of the knife".

There are no other knife banning laws in Canada.

This does not mean you can import everything because there are import restrictions. So yes that is why I have Kit sections because parts are not restricted imports and depending on where you are in Canada balisongs are not illegal to have on private property.

I do alot of business with people in Canada and have no problem answering emails from people because I am a down to earth kind of guy.
thatoneguy

Post by thatoneguy »

I hate laws, they're always against me. :roll:
tpyke

Post by tpyke »

HOW FORUMS WORK: