Baliyo from spyderco

This area is dedicated to balisong (also known as butterfly) knives, and to the fine art of using them.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
cardoso5fr

Baliyo from spyderco

Post by cardoso5fr »

Discover that morning, not available, no price, but i asked to spyderco sales manager (but he is out of office and he return the 7th feb)

I want 10 of that little thing.
http://www.baliyo.com/
tpyke

Re: Baliyo from spyderco

Post by tpyke »

Wow, that is cool! Wonder if they got the parts made in the US, just in case.... :lol:

Any release date on this?
HOW FORUMS WORK:
baliguy

Post by baliguy »

A buddy sent me the pic of these...Cool idea and I can see these becoming popular. Bored guy in their offices flipping these pens...LOL!
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

tpyke wrote:Wow, that is cool! Wonder if they got the parts made in the US, just in case.... :lol:

Any release date on this?
It says the "guts" are a Fisher Space Pen" :idea:
As far as I'm concerned, that says a LOT 8)
cardoso5fr

Post by cardoso5fr »

As soon as i will have information, i will let you know, i contacted spyderco sales manager, and will have normaly and answer tomorrow or friday.
tpyke

Post by tpyke »

Not a bali, but Benchmade jumped on the pen bandwagon as well:
http://www.benchmade.com/products/produ ... model=1100
HOW FORUMS WORK:
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

cardoso5fr wrote:As soon as i will have information, i will let you know, i contacted spyderco sales manager, and will have normaly and answer tomorrow or friday.
Cardoso, the person you talked to is Alan, he's a Sales Rep here, he's handling the BaliYo. Our Sales Manager is Kelly, she's involved too. We appreciate your interest, keep an eye on http://www.baliyo.com for more information about the release dates. As you can see below, we've got a lot in the works with the BaliYo. Here's some information from Sal as posted on our forums. Hope this helps.

Kristi

"Thank you for your interest.

The new Spyderco BaliYo is a pen concept that will be expanded. We've been working on the idea and making models for more than 2 years. The original BaliYo is one of Eric's designs.

The goal was to capture the "spirit" of the butterfly without any of the legal implications. The BaliYo can be used anywhere, by anyone, sitting or standing.

Tooling is curently in progress in 3 locations and prices should vary from $15 to $50. Delivery is expected to begin in May or June.

Since the pen "moves", much care is being taken to be able to handle millions of "flips" (and a few "drops" ;)). Quality materials and construction is important.

Size, balance and shape have been refined to serve. There will be a variety of colors and so far, two basic shapes. Many plans for the future.

We're planning a contest; regional to national.

BaliYo's are safe, legal and fun and should serve a large market. "everybody BaliYo's".

sal
"
There is nothing more important than this one day.
cardoso5fr

Post by cardoso5fr »

Thank you Kristy :). I found the word from Sal on the spyderco forum :). The baliyo is really waiting by all the balisong fan, even more by those whose are located in a country with dumb law about balisong :). (belgium, germany, england, canada, france :)).
I have already a lot of people in various french forum that will bought one or more as soon as the baliyo will be available :).
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

This is my [terribly abused] Fisher Space Pen :wink: 20+/- years old and still going strong :!: If the "Bali" part is as good as the pen part, this will be an awesome device :!:
kisong

Post by kisong »

Knifecenter.com has a ton of these in stock now at:
http://www.knifecenter.com/kc_new/store ... rq%3DSPYUS