Who's your fav Cutoms maker?

This area is dedicated to balisong (also known as butterfly) knives, and to the fine art of using them.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
baliguy

Who's your fav Cutoms maker?

Post by baliguy »

Hey guys, I have been look ing at many customs Balisongs these days and I am very impressed by them of course many are somwhat out of my price range. I seem to like the blades by Marlowe and dobruski the best. Of course I love all balisong knives but if I had to choose a custom set it would be from one of those makers.
stepdaddy

Re: Who's your fav Cutoms maker?

Post by stepdaddy »

Korth and Matt Cook are mine.

SD
8thsinner

Post by 8thsinner »

I have only worked with matt so far, and the first piece came damaged, such a careless final assessment of such expense warrants me not to go back to him.
I will point out in his favour that he fixed it without delay for free and supplied spare screws free of charge.
Doing the right thing is bleeding for the cause.
balibalistic

Post by balibalistic »

Thats a tough one!! for the style of knives i like,i'd have to go with Chris Olofson (29 knives).his deep hollow grinds and robust construction are just perfect for me.for anything sandwich construction..,Charles Marlowe and Terry Guinn are my fav's!both offer the coolest and most solid built knives you can buy.

Matt Cook makes some fine knives to.,and a helluva guy to boot!!sorry you had problems with yours 8th.matts pretty good about working with his buyers.
8thsinner

Post by 8thsinner »

Yes he is, and I am not trying to put him down in any way, but thats my experience.
Korth is on my list next, Kriss I have always wanted to work with too though, and dobrouski, not forgetting DDR, but as theres so many problem threads on the net with his work I might forgo his work when I am looking.
Doing the right thing is bleeding for the cause.
cardoso5fr

Post by cardoso5fr »

I like especially terry guinn work :). Fred perrin.
Vanagas

Post by Vanagas »

With many members here who make custom knives, I think it is wise in this instance to keep my big mouth shut. :mrgreen:
Mike
baliguy

Post by baliguy »

I am referring to custom Balisong makers. POsting who you think is your favorite isn't saying the rest are bad. Who makes the nicest custom balisong knives in your opinion?
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

I dont own any custom balis but one day I'd like to place an order with Darrel Ralph, his knives look really cool.
Take Care
blackjack
'...I'm warning you...if you say Jehovah once more...'
'Women are experts at finding a man's faults and then constantly reminding him of them'
Vanagas

Post by Vanagas »

I'm no expert, but I can't find anything wrong with the bali that balibalistic put together. :)
Mike
balibalistic

Post by balibalistic »

Thank you,Sir! but i dont feel im worthy of a mention in a thread like this quite yet :mrgreen:
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

balibalistic wrote:Thank you,Sir! but i dont feel im worthy of a mention in a thread like this quite yet :mrgreen:
I must disagree. I've seen the progress since the beginning (I think), and I'm amazed at what I've seen.

SD