Golden Dragon

This area is dedicated to balisong (also known as butterfly) knives, and to the fine art of using them.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Skorpion

Golden Dragon

Post by Skorpion »

Ok I'm going to show my ignorance here regarding these type of knives. :) I have a "Golden Dragon" that I picked up several years ago. It's 11" overall with a 5" blade. It has the Logo Golden Dragon etched into the blade and on the tang it has "Taylor/Seto" and "Surgical/Japan". The blade is a bayonet style and the handles are very heavy solid brass. If anyone can tell me a little more about it and if it's even worth anything as a collectors item I'd appreciate it. :D Skorpion
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

It is a collecters item, it is a balisong produced in Japan during the 80's bali trend. I am sure tonyccw knows something about this knife.
pepper

Post by pepper »

Yets see if this forum will actually let me post, last three tries wouldnt accept it on other threads.

Ok now to the balisong.

Taylor/Seto

G-993/6 Golden Dragon. (middle size one, largest had a 7" blade).

Original retail price in 80's was $26..

11 oz. of brass stock w/ blade. 8)

An image to accompany it.
http://groups.msn.com/KnivesincludingFo ... hotoID=397

*image from balisongcollector.com dont have time to find original link.
Skorpion

Post by Skorpion »

Thanks for the info guys. :wink: It's in mint condition with the original cardboard box it came in. Do you know what it is worth today?
slappy / psychoticsumo

Post by slappy / psychoticsumo »

i have a g994 model golden dragon. the blade looks like the one in the link above but the handles have fluted (lines) for grip not smooth like the one above, i bought it in 1989 for $40, was my edc work knife for years, good thick well made knife, the handles are a lil loose and it needs a good sharpening other that that it held up pretty well for all there years.....