What To Look For

This area is dedicated to balisong (also known as butterfly) knives, and to the fine art of using them.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Kev81489

Post by Kev81489 »

a flea market somewhat close to where i live , called green dragon, sells benchmade balis for 16.50
cardoso5fr

Post by cardoso5fr »

Could you take some picture of the bm balisong knives. If it's really that price i send you by paypal money and you take me three or four :)
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

This is getting MOS' interesting...
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
kozak6

Post by kozak6 »

I find that hard to believe.

It seems that most, if not the entire Jaguar line of balisongs is composed of Benchmade or PCC ripoffs.

Chances are, that's what you are seeing.
Help, my avatar is broken
cardoso5fr

Post by cardoso5fr »

I know that :D, that's why i would like to see the picture :).
Kev81489

Post by Kev81489 »

cardoso5fr wrote:Could you take some picture of the bm balisong knives. If it's really that price i send you by paypal money and you take me three or four :)
i would do that but im not sure if they will have them in stock because they only had one left and i only go once or twice a year. sorry.
Vanagas

Post by Vanagas »

Well at least now I got some brand names to watch for. I'm thinking most all these are going to be cheapos, but they had a LOT of cheapos! I'm hoping to find something to play with that isn't total junk.
Mike
j.a.c.

Post by j.a.c. »

I don't even collect bali knives , but any benchmade (real) for that price ....put me down for a gross.
butch

Post by butch »

dito! I dont collect them but I like flipping them.
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

Kev81489 wrote:a flea market somewhat close to where i live , called green dragon, sells benchmade balis for 16.50
Hmm. Something about this doesnt sound quite right. :?
blackjack
Take Care
blackjack
'...I'm warning you...if you say Jehovah once more...'
'Women are experts at finding a man's faults and then constantly reminding him of them'
Kev81489

Post by Kev81489 »

blackjack wrote:
Kev81489 wrote:a flea market somewhat close to where i live , called green dragon, sells benchmade balis for 16.50
Hmm. Something about this doesnt sound quite right. :?
blackjack
I saw it from kinda far away and didnt have glasses on so im not sure if it was $165 or $16.50 but what saw was 16.50 bu tlike i said i didnt have my glasses on sorry.
RAZOR SHARP

balis

Post by RAZOR SHARP »

i have been swirling these bad boys for a good twenty years now and love em. I'm ambidextrious so if i get a set that are equally balanced and have the same tension on the pivot pins then I can do one in each hand. My favorite is my benchmade. It has iodized handles for a perfect grip and it has a beautiful clip point blade. Been reading up on using them in martial arts and i am really impressed with it's versatility! It is a nice strike and defend weapon that I can use faster than a switch. Still have a long way to go before i can say i'm really good :D

:wink:
I WATCHED A SNAIL CRAWLING ON A RAZORS EDGE. THIS IS MY DREAM. THIS IS MY NIGHTMARE