auto kits

A growing number of collectors customize their automatic knives by changing scales, bolsters, blades, doing fileworks, ... Wether you're a guru or just a wannabe knife modder, this is the place to discuss it!

Moderators: Bill DeShivs, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
t.i.e.

auto kits

Post by t.i.e. »

is there anywhere that i can get stiletto auto kits that are good quality.i would like to build some stilettos, but don't want to put in the time making scales ect, if the kit is cheap.i have done a couple mikovs which i have loved putting together,but i want to do some stilettos and hopfeully a swing gaurd.
that would bejavascript:emoticon('8)')
Cool

t.i.e.
sonnyboy

Re: auto kits

Post by sonnyboy »

t.i.e. wrote:is there anywhere that i can get stiletto auto kits that are good quality...
I would just like to say - don't buy those $20 stiletto kits. They are junk. :roll:
Six of one...
Half a dozen of the other...
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Not to my knowledge.
If you put a kit together with all stock parts, you have a stock knife. Why not just buy it assembled? Or, if you want to play around, just dis/reassemble a stock one.
Bill
t.i.e.

Post by t.i.e. »

yeh that's what i've been doing.i just thought maybe there was other kits like mikovs,but in stiletto and not those $20 pieces of junk.
Sam Hotton

Post by Sam Hotton »

Good evening guys,
Don't forget the "Atlas" kit as produced by frank Beltrame. My Stag Bayo is beautiful.
All the best,
Sam Hotton
t.i.e.

Post by t.i.e. »

where would i go about getting an atlas kit :?:
Sam Hotton

Post by Sam Hotton »

Good morning t.i.e.,
I bought mine from STU off BA 18 -24 months ago. Frank Beltrame used to advertise them on his web site. I'll nose around a bit, if I find anything I'll post about it.
Sam :)
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Those were great kits, but haven't seen any around since the old days of the Edge Co. Got a couple of Frank B. kits from Nemo before he closed shop.
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Check with Stu [ http://www.knifeknives.com/data2/FortuneSales.html ] .
He can probably send you an "unasembled" Stiletto. This is not really a kit since it has NO instrutions but all the parts are there for you to assemble and/or modify as you wish. Hint :arrow: [When you e-mail Stu, be sure to put something on the topic line, such as Order ? or Stiletto ? to insure his spam filters let the e-mail through :idea: ]
t.i.e.

Post by t.i.e. »

thanks i think i'll try that
sonnyboy

Post by sonnyboy »

Vagrant wrote: Hint :arrow: [When you e-mail Stu, be sure to put something on the topic line, such as Order ? or Stiletto ? to insure his spam filters let the e-mail through :idea: ]
... :D :lol: :) ...

Are you expecting Stu to be fine-tuning his spam filters??? Maybe in expectation of more-than-usual flames??? :wink: :lol: :D
Six of one...
Half a dozen of the other...
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

sonnyboy wrote:
Vagrant wrote: Hint :arrow: [When you e-mail Stu, be sure to put something on the topic line, such as Order ? or Stiletto ? to insure his spam filters let the e-mail through :idea: ]
... :D :lol: :) ...

Are you expecting Stu to be fine-tuning his spam filters??? Maybe in expectation of more-than-usual flames??? :wink: :lol: :D
Probably trying to avoid the innane spam we all get at times :idea:
bukowsky

Post by bukowsky »

mikov makes some good kits worth your time to customize.
bukowsky
hogwild
Location: Proudly chasing the dollar to "share" with parasites

Post by hogwild »

I bought a couple of lever lock kits off BA last year that were fun, went together well. They are similar to the DeShiv Leverletto without the guards. Pretty solid knives.
The worst evils which mankind has ever had to endure were inflicted by bad governments.
Ludwig von Mises
Grim

Post by Grim »

ive also been interested in putting a stiletto together but unfortunatley ive only come across the fake stiletto kits and and the small mini stilettos
DONT TREAD ON ME