How to fix an off center spring?

A growing number of collectors customize their automatic knives by changing scales, bolsters, blades, doing fileworks, ... Wether you're a guru or just a wannabe knife modder, this is the place to discuss it!

Moderators: Bill DeShivs, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
YHWH-NISSI

How to fix an off center spring?

Post by YHWH-NISSI »

Hello Fellow Forumites,
I have a 45 cm. AGA Campolin classic. in which the spring is off center and tends to push to one side against the liner. It slowes down the spring of the blade and I believe that it is kind of pushing the liner out a little, forming a small gap in the back. Does anyone have any advice about that? I have been afraid to touch it, that I might make it worse, but I felt that this is the place to find out about this sort of thing! Any help would be greatly appreciated. :?
"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value." Albert Einstein
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

The knife would have to be disassembled, probably.
If you can wedge the tip of the spring out of the knife, you could file one side of it down.
Bill
YHWH-NISSI

Post by YHWH-NISSI »

Thank you Mr. DeShivs,
I could give that a try and see what happens. I never thought about trying to file one side of the spring end down a little. I'll give it a try this weekend and let you know what happens. Thank you my friend!
"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value." Albert Einstein