hammer brand

A growing number of collectors customize their automatic knives by changing scales, bolsters, blades, doing fileworks, ... Wether you're a guru or just a wannabe knife modder, this is the place to discuss it!

Moderators: Bill DeShivs, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
shank

hammer brand

Post by shank »

my hammer has a little side to side play is there anything i can do to fix this also when in the open position i can break the blade down with out using the button the locking pin does not come out far enough is there anything i can do.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

You have to remove the scales, which can be tricky. The metal tabs holding them on can break-making them unuseable. Once the scales are removed, the blade pin can be tightned. This may also fix the closing problem.
Bill
switch67

Post by switch67 »

Mr Shank, With the knife closed, take a look from the top bolster at the blade where there's a notch cut out...this is for locking the blade in the open position. If the notch is wide...or worn on one side...there's nothing you can do to make it lock open. This is a very common problem with these "low-end" production knives.
Also, as Bill has suggested,the top blosters have tabs you bend up to remove the handles...be very cautious not to bend them out too far. Pry them a little at a time until they just clear being pulled away from the liner. I've repaired dozens of these type knives, and it's not hard to break something. Send me a PM if you need any help.
Steve
STAGNUT

Post by STAGNUT »

dont try to close it without pushing the button you will make it worse.
switch67 has millions of hammer and imperials lol
Stagnut
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Stagnut,

You are exaggerating; he only has thousands. :lol:

Jim
STAGNUT

Post by STAGNUT »

All mint too :wink:
Stagnut
shank

hammer

Post by shank »

i herd you guys talking before about cleaning inside of knives with wd 40 can i do that with my hammer as well.
STAGNUT

Post by STAGNUT »

Sure
Stagnut