Blades wanted

A growing number of collectors customize their automatic knives by changing scales, bolsters, blades, doing fileworks, ... Wether you're a guru or just a wannabe knife modder, this is the place to discuss it!

Moderators: Bill DeShivs, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Blades wanted

Post by tr4252 »

I was writing an email to another TB member, and the thought hit me that this would be a good place to ask a question.

Is anybody here interested in making some blades for me? I've been doing my own, and spending an awful lot of time at it, mostly due to inexperience and lack of equipment. I can make a pretty good one, but so could a monkey given infinite time and resources. I don't have either.

I'd be able to supply materials, patterns, and even .dwg or .dxf files (autocad) of the profile. I'd be looking for a blade that was ground and heat treated, but not necessarily finished, in 1095, damascus, and maybe you could suggest other materials, especially if you specialize in them. The ability to etch a logo would be a plus. For starters, I'm trying to come up with a bayonet stiletto blade, with a radiused Godfather type bevel end. Hollow or flat ground. The profile is pretty much the standard stiletto; pointy end/roundy end with a hole, a counterbore or blind hole, and a lug.

I have a nifty machine set up for tapering a blank, so I could even supply blanks that are tapered/drilled/c'bored. It's just that when I go to bevel them, the old-world-craftsman thing happens, and I'm spending days or weeks on one blade, instead of hours. It's no way to run a zeppelin transportation buisness.

So, anybody who's interested, or might know of some leads, please contact me through the forum or PM, I'd be greatly interested in what you have to say.

Thanks,
TomR
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Try:
Larkin Precision, LLC- larkinprecision1@Qwest.net
http://www.aeroblades.com
Custom Laser Inc.- customlaserinc@aol.com

I have little or no experience with any of these companies, so this is not an endorsement on my part.
Bill DeShivs
Wally J. Corpse
Level Zero: True Jerk

Post by Wally J. Corpse »

Greetings, Mr. tr4252-

I can make you some blades you'll never forget...

AS ever,

Your ol' pal,

Wally J. Corpse
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

Thanks Bill, I'll give them a try.

Wally,
What's that you say? Why I'm Bl...bu....Acrymonious! How dare you insult my enormous nose! En garde!

Seriously, Wally, you make blades?

Tom
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
missaman

Post by missaman »

Tom,
Wally only makes GAY blades :roll:
Rember my question.... :D
Randy
Wally J. Corpse
Level Zero: True Jerk

Post by Wally J. Corpse »

Greetings, Mr. Missyman-

Aha! So you're back from your- hiding behind the bush outside the elderly cross-eyed women's amputee stub scab pick 'em an' eat 'em family reuinion vacation, 'eh, pusswad?

Choke on that one, cammie fork boy.

AS ever,

Pffft...

Wally J. Corpse
sammy da blade

Post by sammy da blade »

tr4252, Wally uses some rather different scale material too! anyone who can make a knife from some of the materials Wally uses is a true master, or a severly sick disturbed person.
thuggin -N- buggin, that's how i roll!