hubertus springs

A growing number of collectors customize their automatic knives by changing scales, bolsters, blades, doing fileworks, ... Wether you're a guru or just a wannabe knife modder, this is the place to discuss it!

Moderators: Bill DeShivs, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
STAGNUT

hubertus springs

Post by STAGNUT »

Hi all
i have some old springer knives ..different makers a winchester and one what looks like romo with an arrow through it,and one just says made in germany soligen. but they all have broken springs,i used to get springs from rick wakeman but his site is gone,,i may have his last name wrong.
he had alot of custom autos,, regular autos and springs..anyone know where i can still get hubertus springs from??
thanks stagnut
Stagnut
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Try knifeshop. PVK may also have them.
I'm curious about the Winchester springer. Can you post a picture of it? I wasn't aware they were made.
Bill
Wally J. Corpse
Level Zero: True Jerk

Post by Wally J. Corpse »

Greetings, Mr. STAGNUT-

Would that be Rick Wakeman, keyboardist for 'Yes'? If so, I'll have Mrs. Corpse ask him when she works the up-coming Yes show at the Concord Pavillion.

AS ever,

Your ol' pal,

Wally J. Corpse
STAGNUT

Post by STAGNUT »

HI,
At first i thought someone just made a blade for it from an old winchester knife ,but i removed the blade and it is defintely not home made, it is a shot puller with bone scales and ns bolsters... i cant post any pics i dont know the nessasry skills lol,,yes was one of my fav groups growing up would that be the concord pavillion in new hampshire??
Stagnut
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

stagnut - if you have pics i can post em for you - can you tell me about the romo? if it's old, a new one won't work - you may want a pro to look at it, (i recommend a canadian ;) ) and it could be a number of diferent spring varietions...
STAGNUT

Post by STAGNUT »

the romo is a lever lock ..it has on the tang what looks like romo with an arrow through it hard to read the letters,,also says springer on the bottom bolster,has dark brown picked bone scales its in real nice shape except the spring is busted,,ill try to take some pics...you are correct a new spring (hubie)wont work they are too thin on the bottom
Stagnut
Wally J. Corpse
Level Zero: True Jerk

Post by Wally J. Corpse »

Greetings, Mr. STAGNUT-

Nope, Concord, Fornicalia.

AS ever,

Your ol' pal,

Wally J. Corpse