"Proud" Blade Leverlocks

A growing number of collectors customize their automatic knives by changing scales, bolsters, blades, doing fileworks, ... Wether you're a guru or just a wannabe knife modder, this is the place to discuss it!

Moderators: Bill DeShivs, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
jim d,

"Proud" Blade Leverlocks

Post by jim d, »

Bill,

A couple of years ago you posted a procedure to mitigate a proud blade problem with German (at least) leverlocks. I must confess that I forgot what it was, and would appreciate if you could repost it. I seem to remember something about pushing down on the blade and/or mechanism.

Jim
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Sure, Jim!
Hold the blade all the way closed, while pushing down on the lever (in the "locked" position. Release the blade while pushing on the lever. If the knive stays closed all the way, try this:
Hold the blade all the way closed, and tap the lever down with a small hammer. Be gentle, but force the lever further down by tapping it.
YOU MUST HOLD THE BLADE CLOSED ALL THE WAY, OR YOU CAN REALLY SCREW UP YOUR KNIFE!
Bill
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Bill,

Thanks, by "Release the blade while pushing on the lever" do you mean while the lever is in the "closed" position?

Jim
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Exactly.
Bill
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Thanks,
Jim
mr_edge

Post by mr_edge »

Thanks for the info Bill, and thanks for asking Jim...great question.