Picking things up a bit...

A growing number of collectors customize their automatic knives by changing scales, bolsters, blades, doing fileworks, ... Wether you're a guru or just a wannabe knife modder, this is the place to discuss it!

Moderators: Bill DeShivs, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

Gents..

THIS is a piece I would really like to own (among many others.. :cry: )

Any of you guys got one ?? ... or road-tested it ?? .. the .50 calibre

Click on the pick to see it in action... and turn your sound up... 8)

All the best
Teddy
magnum

Post by magnum »

Teddy-Have held one at a gun show but that's as far as i got price tag was about $1500.00 US :shock: :shock: Would love to have one myself.My wife's Uncle has the .44mag version of the desert eagle and it's nice.Been trying to get him to let me shoot it but haven't been successful yet he's kinda picky about his guns to picky i think it ain't like i'm gonna hurt it or don't know how to handle it :roll:
Knife Addiction??What Knife Addiction??
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Teddy wrote:Gents..

THIS is a piece I would really like to own (among many others.. :cry: )

Any of you guys got one ?? ... or road-tested it ?? .. the .50 calibre

Click on the pick to see it in action... and turn your sound up... 8)

All the best
Teddy
Believe it or not, I've never even held one :( [Mostly a case of "Lead us not into temptation" :idea:
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Go ahead and laugh everyone, but Ilike shooting .22's the most.

Jim
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

For plinking that's just fine. Sure is cheaper!
JAGMAN

Post by JAGMAN »

Awesome vid Teddy - talk about a hand cannon! :lol:
Jagman
right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think
I've forgotten this before.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

natcherly,

Not only is it cheaper, but also you can shoot all day without getting sore, and minimal ear protection is all that is needed.

Jim
magnum

Post by magnum »

jim d, wrote:Go ahead and laugh everyone, but Ilike shooting .22's the most.

Jim
jimd-No reason to laugh .22's are very fun to shoot and like you said ammo is cheap and minimal ear protection.They are good medicine for squirrel's :wink: But the being sore part from shooting big bore revolvers
i never have been just lucky i guess.
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

jim d, wrote:natcherly,

Not only is it cheaper, but also you can shoot all day without getting sore, and minimal ear protection is all that is needed.

Jim
Jim..

I can't think of a way to soften the blow :? .... we big-bore lovers can shoot a .45 all day without getting the least bit sore... 8) ... I wouldn't want to shoot full-house .44 mag loads all day.. but have used loaded-down ( to just below factory specs... it had to make major calibre on a pendulum) ammo pretty much all day... shooting Practical Pistol (revolver class) with no ill effects... and on the range ear defenders are a must anyway.... out in the fields around where I lived I didn't bother with them.. not with anything less than the .357 or .44.. those make a bit of a nasty "crack" ... I enjoyed shooting .22 rimfire as well of course... and had a conversion unit for the .45 ...but loading my own ammo .. including casting the bullets with virtually free lead was almost as cheap... and more enjoyable ... I loved the "thump" of a .45auto... and could shoot it almost as well with my left hand... in fact many is the time I've blasted away with a .45 in each hand rapid-fire... 14 shots in about 5 seconds.. :lol: .. purely for pleasure... hitting the silhouette at about 20 feet with most of the shots.. :lol:

HAPPY days.... sorely missed.. :cry:

All the best
Teddy
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

Magnum wrote: But the being sore part from shooting big bore revolvers
Magnum,
Have you ever fired a 600 nitro express :?:
teq
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

I used to own a Desert Eagle in .44 Mag. - I sold that beast, along with a Ruger Super Blackhawk. They both liked to beat me to death! Mos' unpleasant!

I'm with Mr. jim d onna .22's!
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

One of my favorites is a Beretta 950 [pre '68, NO safety] in .22 short 8)
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

I have shotguns and rifles and always wanted a pistol but never owned one and now I refuse to sign all that paper work so I'm waiting to come across one where you don't have to sign your life away. I'd like to get just a nice long barrel 22 to shoot the gophers at my Magic land. Is there a place where you can get a gun without the paper work or is it the same throughout the whole country? :?: :roll:
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

tequiza wrote: Magnum,
teq
That cartidge was designed for use in double guns and was for the biggest, most dangerous game, elephant, cape buffalo, rhinos etc. Most expresses were originally loaded with black powder, the nitro part came in when they went to cordite. Just found out the .600 was always a cordite load. If someone ever made a pistol in that loading, I doubt it could be used with any effect short of causing great bodily harm to the shooter.

Double guns are things of beauty with a price to match. Don't know if they load .600 NE anymore, but I read that there are runs made of smaller caliber nitro expresses (.470, .450, etc.) for those who still use these beasts.
Last edited by natcherly on Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
magnum

Post by magnum »

tequiza wrote:
Magnum wrote: But the being sore part from shooting big bore revolvers
Magnum,
teq
Teq-That's a rifle cartridge but nope never fired one and don't know that i want too.I do have a limit on how powerful a cartridge i will shoot and the .600 nitro is way to big for me :shock: I mostly fire magnum style revolver cartridges.All of my handgun calibers
start with the number 4 with the exception of 2 or 3 that i have in smaller calibers for plinking.The most powerful rifle cartridge i have fired was a
browning bolt action that i had in .300 winchester magnum.But I'm mostly
a handgun shooter and collector.If you ever get the chance to fire the .480
ruger caliber or a .454 casull do so they are a lot of fun but make sure you have a firm grip on them before you squeeze the trigger or they will either flip out of your hand or give you a nice little reminder of how hard the recoil is on your forehead :shock: