Picking things up a bit...

A growing number of collectors customize their automatic knives by changing scales, bolsters, blades, doing fileworks, ... Wether you're a guru or just a wannabe knife modder, this is the place to discuss it!

Moderators: Bill DeShivs, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I'll guess mid to late '60s. They used to be advertised in the bqck of comic books, and sold mail-order so that puts it prior to the gun Control Act of '68.
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

natcherly wrote:Mr. Magnum,

And to think at one time I puzzled over your handle. :?

Next week I will post pictures of my 629 and 645's (generations 1-3)
so that Teddy won't think I'm a wimp. Use enough gun I always say.
OK Mr. Magnum, here are the pics as promised. Still need to work on my lighting.

In this one there is a 4596 sandwiched between two 645's. (The 645 with wood grips is a 1st generation while the other is a 2nd.)

Here we have a 629 with factory A engraving and pre-ban ivory grips. I won't be taking this on Wally's hog hunt.
magnum

Post by magnum »

Mr. Natcherly-What beautiful pieces of art you got there.I have a 645 2nd
generation .45 acp just like your's 8) :D That 629 sure is a beauty I'm drooling all over my keyboard very nice gun's and pics thanks for sharing :D Also i will be getting my digital camera this week and will share a few of mine with you'all as well as well as my ugly mug for the post your ugly mug thread :wink:
Knife Addiction??What Knife Addiction??