mikov lockup

A growing number of collectors customize their automatic knives by changing scales, bolsters, blades, doing fileworks, ... Wether you're a guru or just a wannabe knife modder, this is the place to discuss it!

Moderators: Bill DeShivs, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
mister re-man

mikov lockup

Post by mister re-man »

hope some one can help -- i just purchased two mikovs - one wood scales -one buffalo- they both fired fine no blade play - however after two days the buffalo horn is having lock up problems -- it fires hard , but then bounces back just enough so it doesn't lock -- seems like a minor thing to fix and like it too much to ship back. so can anyone offer advice? thanks in advance. mr-e
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Try a good cleaning with WD 40. Soak the blade tang with the blade 1/2 way open. Dry, and work the blade open and closed. If this doesn't work, let me know.
Bill
mister re-man

Post by mister re-man »

Bill - thanks for your quick response -- i'll give it a try tommorrow and let you know how i made out.
mr - e
moe

Post by moe »

Re-man,

I had the same problem with mine, and after posting a question got some good responses. Nothing helped, but I found out that if you put your index finger on the top of the backspring when firing, it cures the problem. It seems like the spring is too strong, and the finger on the backspring takes out some of the kickback. Here's the thread.

http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php ... ght=#41767

Good luck,
Moe
What!
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

my body's achin' and my time is at hand
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

If that is the problem, then peening the pin tighter will cure it.
Bill
mister re-man

Post by mister re-man »

well i tried the wd40 and it didn't fix problem - then read the reply about index finger -- that did the trick so i'm gonna take Bill's advice and peen the pin -- will let all know the out come. thanks again.
mister re-man

Post by mister re-man »

well thanks to Bill's wisdom the problem is solved , i gave the pivot pin gentile tap and it seemed a little better , tapped even gentler again and she works like a charm. it's amasing how that little amount made such a big difference. thanks again.
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

damn that bottle is makeing me thirsty...er i mean dizzy....noooo... thirsty :lol:
Doc Rocket

Me too

Post by Doc Rocket »

I got a sore tongue from licking the screen.
I love my country...
It's the #*# goverment...
Milu

Post by Milu »

I have the same problem with a horn Mikov. It happens when I've had it in my pocket for a while. Cause seems to be bodyheat, starts working ok after it's cooled. Doesn't happen if I carry in it's case.
"se me burlé, me fico un cento e vinti in tel stomego"
Goldoni: La donna di Garbo, 1753