EdgeCo Leverlock Repair Video

A growing number of collectors customize their automatic knives by changing scales, bolsters, blades, doing fileworks, ... Wether you're a guru or just a wannabe knife modder, this is the place to discuss it!

Moderators: Bill DeShivs, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Mario

EdgeCo Leverlock Repair Video

Post by Mario »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Az3e5PGlY ... cmxvY2s%3D

I’m confused by how exactly he broke this knife. He’s saying he broke the “bar” but it appears to me it’s the pivot pin he’s talking about. The bar I think would be the locking tab that holds the blade closed. How the fuck do you break the pivot pin? He needs to get a nail, cut it down and put the thing on a vice to hammer it in place. The little hook he put through it isn’t going to cut it.
Tom19176

Re: EdgeCo Leverlock Repair Video

Post by Tom19176 »

It seems he is calling the pivot pin a "bar". As for how you break it...It does happen. In the 1970s as a teen I had a few large folders ( think 007 wood handles) that you could flick open. Two of them eventually had the pivot pin fail and the blade fly out! I am not sure now if the pin broke or separated from the handles....
john

Re: EdgeCo Leverlock Repair Video

Post by john »

Hi Tom,
You mentioned the 007 and here’s mine. My dad gave it to me.
70D80E43-E690-4E6F-B913-3FE0D140B49E.jpeg
70D80E43-E690-4E6F-B913-3FE0D140B49E.jpeg (579.2 KiB) Viewed 4739 times
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed