4 Angry OTFs

A growing number of collectors customize their automatic knives by changing scales, bolsters, blades, doing fileworks, ... Wether you're a guru or just a wannabe knife modder, this is the place to discuss it!

Moderators: Bill DeShivs, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Re: 4 Angry OTFs

Post by Bill DeShivs »

I could be wrong on the date. There hasn't been much change in this model in a long time. It's a G.O. Massaro made knife. Nice Italian utilitarian knife.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

The scales on that Primo are really stunning. 8)
It's almost like thers a white flame with wisps of smoke rising from it .

Beautiful knife ,I would have that blade professionally restored and polished and I would be reluctant to let it go.

Although I have seen a few Italian trapdoor knives that are similar, its the first time I have seen this button style and that way of opening ,I too thought these were gravity operated ,so I learned something aswell.

Thanks a lot for sharing it here ..

gravknife
ColdEthyl

Post by ColdEthyl »

gravknife wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:42 pm The scales on that Primo are really stunning. 8)
It's almost like thers a white flame with wisps of smoke rising from it .

Beautiful knife ,I would have that blade professionally restored and polished and I would be reluctant to let it go.

Although I have seen a few Italian trapdoor knives that are similar, its the first time I have seen this button style and that way of opening ,I too thought these were gravity operated ,so I learned something aswell.

Thanks a lot for sharing it here ..

gravknife
Gee...wonder who might be able to restore that blade for me someday....hmmmm
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

I know a guy....
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
Jackalope

Post by Jackalope »

Bernie, I have known you for about 20 years. I Have bought many knives from you over the years. I met you at the Glass City Knife Show with Bob, Salvatore and Randy. I enjoyed our conversations. Please try not to be so negative. I don't enjoy reading your attacks on Bill. I come here to enjoy our hobby. Not looking to argue.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Bernie is no longer a member here.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

That's to bad, I bought a couple Boker lever locks a few years back that the seller was concerned about being fakes on the cheap and I think it was him I got them from. From pictures that I've seen here and other forums I am convinced they are the real deal. Don't know what he has against Bill but at least he's honest even if he is a little hot headed. I'm not condoning his actions against Bill at all but it is what it is.
2024 candidate for president
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Sammy, I think you got those from Duncan (HDC). Not Bernie.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=24597&p=271004&hilit=Boker#p271004

PS-Anybody heard or seen anything from HDC? Seems like a long time since he has been around.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

My bad, memory ain't the only thing going South on me.
2024 candidate for president
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Duncan HDC is on Face Book daily selling everything!
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

That means hes still kicking, good.
LOTFK

Post by LOTFK »

Bottom model "should be" a patented AGA CAMPOLIN Italian OTF knife. The design was or should I say SHAPE of the body was again used several years ago when the Campolins sub division AKC ITALY created the "EVO" OTF KNIFE line
😎🤘⚡