Fix or return Bargeon?

A growing number of collectors customize their automatic knives by changing scales, bolsters, blades, doing fileworks, ... Wether you're a guru or just a wannabe knife modder, this is the place to discuss it!

Moderators: Bill DeShivs, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Paul

Fix or return Bargeon?

Post by Paul »

I have a medium size Bargeon (9" counting the bail) that arrived with a broken spring. I was hoping I could get a sense of what it would cost to get it fixed. I have the option to return, but I got an okay price because the blade is a bit scratched (and I'm already a bit attached), so I can't help but wonder if it's worth fixing.
It has brass liners but doesn't have the brass bail, and there's remnants of a red dot on the safety, which makes me think it's a little older. It also seems a little heavier than the one with the brass bail. And, it's stick straight, no or minimal banana, which is a nice detail for one of these, I think. (I'm having trouble posting an image.)
Any ballpark figures on a spring repair and maybe blade polishing would be much appreciated, thank you.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Re: Fix or return Bargeon?

Post by Bill DeShivs »

I charge $75 plus shipping.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
Paul

Re: Fix or return Bargeon?

Post by Paul »

Thanks for the reply, Bill! That’s very helpful info.