Uncentered swinguards.

A growing number of collectors customize their automatic knives by changing scales, bolsters, blades, doing fileworks, ... Wether you're a guru or just a wannabe knife modder, this is the place to discuss it!

Moderators: Bill DeShivs, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
JAGMAN

Post by JAGMAN »

Teddy that would be great, maybe you could get a boxlot! Im sure you would have no problems unloading them,everyone seems to have the same problem with thier knives, I know I have four with off centered guards - some are loose too in the open position.
Jgaman.
right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think
I've forgotten this before.
mr_edge

Post by mr_edge »

Hey guys...if you get those guards, I'm in for a few sets. I contacted AKC for some, but no deal. :( I have plugged one with NS that I removed from the one I customized, but you can tell the slight shade of colour difference...perhaps they're made of stainless.
Jagman, I didn't have to replace the bolsters on that swing...just the guards. I filed the tops of the bolsters just a hair to clean up the original sloppy solder job. Otherwise they are the originals.
JAGMAN

Post by JAGMAN »

Mr. Edge :
Jagman, I didn't have to replace the bolsters on that swing...just the guards. I filed the tops of the bolsters just a hair to clean up the original sloppy solder job. Otherwise they are the originals.[/quote]

I made a whoopsie there Mr. Edge, I know you did the new guards - just my dementia coming to the surface :lol:
Origional guards would be a hot seller!!
Maybe it was part of the origional plan...........
Jagman
right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think
I've forgotten this before.
DISTORTION

Post by DISTORTION »

:cry:
I agree,sloppy guards spoil an otherwise good profile.
The off-center thing just sucks.

My newest knife,an 11'' pearl swing suffers badly.
The seller is a knothead and a gameplayer.Bait-n-Switch LOSER.

:evil: P.M. and I'll tell who he is. :evil:
BladeLover

Off-center swings

Post by BladeLover »

I have two Case Cheetas (an old design revitalized in recent years - I bought my first one in 1969 for ten bucks). Both of these manual lockbacks have swing guards that are nicely centered. I've seen auto conversions of these, so I assume an off center swing is not prerequisite to a functioning auto.

Best Regards,
BladeLover
"Knife collecting - it's not an addiction....it's an adventure!"
the spotlight kid

Post by the spotlight kid »

The 9" swingers that are pretty well centered are exactly the same size and with the hole in the same place as my centered 11"s.Can't compare them with my off centered 11"s as I have sold them! :roll: Cheers the spotlight kid. 8)
A CARROT IS AS CLOSE AS A RABBIT GETS TO A DIAMOND!
DISTORTION

Post by DISTORTION »

:arrow: Right-on Mr. Kid.
Send it downstream. :arrow:

My sister fell in love with it so I didnt bother her with
the shortcomings.Giving the knife away made me feel better about it.
She gave me a coin in return to counter some superstition.

:?: ............................................................................................. :?:

Never heard of that before.