Just for the record...

A growing number of collectors customize their automatic knives by changing scales, bolsters, blades, doing fileworks, ... Wether you're a guru or just a wannabe knife modder, this is the place to discuss it!

Moderators: Bill DeShivs, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Just for the record...

Post by Bill DeShivs »

I don't usually toot my own horn, but recently my legitimacy has been maligned.
Specifically, my qualifications as a cutler.
I have been repairing knives for over 50 years now. All the certificates you see on my web site are genuine.
Sam Polk thought enough of my work that he issued one for Latama. I continue to do work for Walt Halucha at Latama.
Henning Ritter-proprietor of Hubertus/Ritter /Grafrath issued and signed my Hubertus repair certificate.
William Schrade, great grandson of George Schrade issued and signed my Schrade repair certificate. I have assisted in the production of the first new Presto knife in 45 years.
Angelo Campolin, Sr., former shop foreman at Mauro Mario issued and signed my certificate for that company.
Steve Paolantonio, owner of Colonial cutlery issued and signed my cerificate.
While they don't issue certificates, if you call KaBar asking about vintage knife repair-they will recommend me.
Angelo Campolin, Jr., issued my repair certificate for Falcon/AGA knives.
And Guissepe Venier, proprietor of Lepre Cutlery signed my Lepre certificate.
They are all legitimate. Contact them and ask.

Are these certificates grandstanding? Of course they are. Advertising is part of doing business. No one else has all these.

As far as being a master cutler- that's a self imposed title. I think my qualifications stand on their own merit.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.