Is this Hammer Toothpick Auto A Mod?

A growing number of collectors customize their automatic knives by changing scales, bolsters, blades, doing fileworks, ... Wether you're a guru or just a wannabe knife modder, this is the place to discuss it!

Moderators: Bill DeShivs, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
old93

Is this Hammer Toothpick Auto A Mod?

Post by old93 »

Hello All!

I got this Hammer USA off Ebay. I found Nothing like it in "Antique American Switchblades"; but it's got a Hammer USA stamp on the tang up front and what appears to be the same patent numbers on the back that are on another Hammer Toothpick I own. The bolsters and end caps are solid (I'm not sure if they're nickel or plated). The handles appear to be genuine stag. I imagine some guy with the skills could deconstruct a Hammer and use the parts to make one like this--perhaps some of you! On the other hand maybe it's an ultra rare factory prototype that some one will offer me a million bucks for. I'd appreciate any help you guys might give me figuring out what I have here. Happy to send more pictures if you need them. Thanks!!
Attachments
IMG_8248.jpeg
IMG_8248.jpeg (129.49 KiB) Viewed 1918 times
IMG_8241.jpeg
IMG_8241.jpeg (146.52 KiB) Viewed 1918 times
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Re: Is this Hammer Toothpick Auto A Mod?

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Something someone concocted from a shell-wrap hammer brand.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
old93

Re: Is this Hammer Toothpick Auto A Mod?

Post by old93 »

Thanks for the feedback, Bill.